Branch Banking & Trust Bankcard Corporation Inc. v. Tracy J. Watson and James C. Watson
PA- Christopher R. Moore; J- Karl
* Defendant says the plaintiff owe $17,311.41. A request is made that they be cited to appear and that judgment be rendered for this amount.
Case number: 09-C-29
Scott Yocum v. Moundsville Daily Echo and Charles L. Walton
PA- David J. Sims; J- Hummel
* Yocum claims the information printed in the Daily Echo was false and defamatory and has lowered his estimation in the community. Compensatory damages are demanded, both jointly and severally.
Case number: 09-C-32
Rita A. Pastorious v. The Prudential Insurance Company of America
PA- Jeffrey W. McCamic; J. Matthew Dillon; J- Hummel
* A Prudential Agent convinced her to buy a policy in March of 1994. Pastorious was told that if she converted her then two existing policies the accumulating cash value of the new policy would result in what agents call a "vanishing premium." She was told that in 2007 she would no longer have to pay any further premiums and the policy would remain in full force thereafter. Time has revealed all the representations to be false. This breach of contract is said to have resulted in punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-33
Mound City Inc. vs. Ohio Valley Amusement Company Inc.
PA- Kevin L. Neiswonger; J- Hummel
* Properties were leased by Ohio Valley Amusement in Moundsville and in Weirton. The lease calls for $10,500 per month, and rents have not been received since September 2007. A demand by jury is made for these amounts along with immediate possession.
Case number: 09-C-34
Mound City Inc, vs. The Koffee Shop, Inc.
PA- Kevin L. Neiswonger; J- Karl
* Properties were leased in Moundsville and in Weirton for $1,000 and $3,000, respectively. Failure to pay rent has resulted in damages for which a jury trial is demanded, along with immediate possession.
Case number: 09-C-35
Judith Moore and Sydney Moore vs. Michele Jackson
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Karl
* While walking on cement stairs with frayed and worn carpet within the common stairwell, Moore claims she slip and fell. Plaintiffs say Jackson should have inspected and remedied the unsafe hazardous condition. Compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 09-C-39
Richard Yeater and Debra Yeater vs. Todd Clinton and Crown Drilling LLC
PA- M. Eric Frankovitch; Hummel
* While working in Cameron, Yeater says he was attacked and sustained severe and disabling injuries. Medical treatment was sought and expenses continue. Judgment is demanded, jointly and severally.
Case number: 09-C-40
Frank Wolfe Sr. and Patricia Wolfe vs. Gregory Thomas
PA- Gregory A. Gellner; J- Karl
* On Aug. 17, 2007, Wolfe says while walking on the bicycle trail Thomas struck him from behind while riding a bicycle. This collision at the 12th Street recreational area resulted in injuries believed permanent. He says he has incurred $24,259.06 in medical expenses and adequate compensation is sought.
Case number: 09-C-41
Arden Heatherington vs. Malcolm F. McNeil
PA- David P. Robinson; Hummel
* While traveling on W.Va. 2 near Happy Garden, a failure to yield right of way caused serious and permanent injuries. Compensatory damages are sought for undetermined future divers and sundry medical expenses.
Case number: 09-C-42
Mary Tedrow vs. John Doe
PA- Ronald Wm Kasserman; J- Karl
* An unknown motorist sideswiped Tedrow's vehicle with a tractor-trailer while traveling east on a bridge across Ohio River. She seeks judgment against Hartford for all damages entitled.
Case number: 09-C-43
Beneficial West Virginia Inc., Successor in Interest to HSBC Bank USA, N.A. vs. Sheila M. Black
PA- Jennifer M. Palonis; J- Hummel
* Pursuant to the terms of a Loan Agreement, Plaintiff has the right to require the entire amount owed upon default. Demand is made for $6,561.27.
Case number: 09-C-44
Richard Thorn vs. Pinnacle Foods Corporation
PA- Jerry Sklavounakis; J- Karl
* A jury trial is demanded for the alleged injuries sustained to Thorn's teeth and soft muscle tissue. A compensatory award of $74,000 is sought.
Case number: 09-C-45
Mary Pethtel, as guardian and next friend of Natasha Gilbert, an infant under the age of eighteen vs. Puri Das Gere, and Erie Insurance or Erie Insurance Group
PA- George P. Stanton III; J-Hummel
* An accident occurred on Rt. 88, on April 8, 2007. It is claimed that Gere was an uninsured motorist at the time and that all the passengers in Pethtel's vehicle suffered injuries. Compensation of $100,000 is sought.
Case number: 09-C-46