State Equipment, Inc. V. Robert S. Smith dba Steve Smith Construction
P.A. - John Dorsey; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a Cross Lanes business, is suing the defendant for failing to pay for repairs conducted in July and August 2008 on heavy equipment owned by the defendant. They are seeking judgment against the defendant for the amount of repairs, $6,656.48, plus pre- and post-judgment interest from Oct. 2, 2008.
Case number: 09-C-141
Frances Ann Manfredi v. Michael S. Lewis and Family Carpet Outlet, Inc.
P.A. - Gary Smith; J - Reed
* The plaintiff, a resident of Mineral Wells, is suing the defendants for injuries she sustained in a car wreck on Grand Central Ave. with Lewis while working for Family Carpet. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-143
FIA Card Services, N.A. v. Eugene L. Stutler
P.A. - Andrew S. Lerner; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a Massachusetts business, is suing the defendant, a Davisville resident, for defaulting in repayment of a loan. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the loan, $23,095.67, plus pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 09-C-144
Metal Sales Manufacturing Corp. v. National Carports Inc., Riverview Financial Services, Juanita Williams and Clarence Anderson
P.A. - Richard A. Hayhurst; J - Reed
* The plaintiff, a Louisville, Ken. business, is suing the defendants for failing to pay for materials and services rendered. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $46,466.15 plus costs, fees and pre-judgment interest from Oct. 7, 2008.
Case number: 09-C-145
Danny L. and Dawn A. Cunningham v. Union Trades Federal Credit Union and Philip J. Trippel,
P.A. - James A. Bradley; J - Beane
* The plaintiffs are seeking a temporary restraining order against the defendants from conducting a trustee's sale of their property on 1301 Pike St. in Parkersburg after receiving assurances from Trippel, the substitute trustee, he would halt foreclosure after receiving checks from the Cunninghams on Feb. 24 and March 5 of $564 and $312, respectfully.
Case number: 09-C-146
Rebecca P. Winans and Bruce Winans v. Abner J. Phillips Jr.
P.A.- Arden J. Curry II; J - Waters
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendant for injuries they sustained when the defendant crashed into their parked car on Liberty Street on Jan. 5, 2008. They are seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-147
Amanda R. Sams v. Emprise Development Co., LLC
P.A. - Scott Kaminski; J - Beane
* The plaintiff, an Ohio resident, is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained after falling on ice and snow on the defendant's property in Vienna on Jan. 15, 2008. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-150
Motorist Mutual Insurance Company, as subrogee of Karyn A. Johnson, v. Curtis E. and Melissa S. Blair
P.A.- Richard J. McGervey; J - Waters
* The defendant is suing the defendants on behalf of its policyholder, Johnson, for a destruction of property claim she filed on April 5, 2007. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the claim, $32,790.01, punitive damages, costs and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 09-C-152
Nancy Thomas v. the Wood County Board of Education and Brett Ubbons
P.A. - Walt Auvil; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for discrimination. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs an fees.
Case number: 09-C-153
Anna McKinley v. Jodee L. Harding
P.A. - Kevin Harris; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff, a Ravenswood resident, is suing the defendant, a Fredericktown, Ohio resident, for injuries she sustained in a car wreck with the defendant at the corner of Murdoch Ave. and 31st St. in Parkersburg on March 28, 2007. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-154