CHARLESTON -- Spilman Thomas & Battle recently announced a large number of attorney rankings in 2009 Chambers USA.
Chambers USA is an organization that interviews, critiques and then ranks attorneys throughout the United States for a variety of practice areas. Researchers interview lawyers and clients including influential general counsel at Fortune 100 companies, high-profile entrepreneurs building up their own private corporations and significant purchasers of legal services.
After receiving excellent rankings from the interviewees, the following Spilman Thomas & Battle attorneys were named leading lawyers in West Virginia in their respective fields. They are:
* Michael J. Basile, Corporate/Commercial Law
* Paula L. Durst, Litigation
* William H. Herlihy, Natural Resources
* Charles L. Woody, Labor & Employment
* Eric W. Iskra, Labor & Employment
* Kevin L. Carr, Labor & Employment
* Niall A. Paul, Litigation
* James A. Walls, Litigation
* Bruce M. Jacobs, Litigation
* Neva G. Lusk, Litigation
* Joyce F. Ofsa, Real Estate
* M. Ann Bradley, Natural Resources: Environmental
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service law firm with more than 100 attorneys. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling in West Virginia; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va.