David Crowder Jr. and Lisa Edens Crowder v. Hidden Trails Recreational Vehicles, Motorcycles and Trailers, doing business as Hidden Trails ATV
PA – Ted M. Kanner and Otis R. Mann Jr.: J – James Stucky
* The plaintiffs claim the defendants failed to timely install safety parts on an all terrain vehicle they own, which they say resulted in a severe injuries to David.
Case number: 09-C-550
Tina Machuca v. Sheryl Lynn Saul, M.D.
PA – R. Edison Hill: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims the defendant performed an unnecessary spinal tap on her during an emergency room visit at St. Francis Hospital, causing nerve damage.
Case number: 09-C-552
Kathy Bragg and Carness Bragg v. Norfolk Southern Corp., doing business as Norfolk Southern Railroad
PA – Herbert Hively: J – Irene Berger
* The plaintiffs say an improperly maintained a railroad near their fishing camp in Fayette County causing water runoff to ruin a cabin there.
Case number: 09-C-562
Ramona Jewell v. Montecal Corp., doing business as Tom's Food Fair
PA – J. Kristofer Cormany: J – Tod Kaufman
* Jewell was a deli worker at the defendant grocery store. She says management was negligent in not maintaining a deep fryer in the work area, which leaked oil. Jewell claims she slipped on the oil and injured her knee.
Case number: 09-C-563
Moses Grant v. PMI, LLC
PA – Scott H. Kaminski: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiff says he tripped over a bunched rug at a convenience store operated by the defendant and injured himself.
Case number: 09-C-568
Bridget and Keith Smith v. Mary Pansy Reed, David Reed and Greta Reed
PA – Kevin W. Hughart: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiffs claim they had an oral agreement with the defendants for a right of way to access property in Elkview. Now that the plaintiffs are trying to sell the property, they claim the defendants have blocked the right of way.
Case number: 09-C-572
Top Dog Well Search Services and Rondle McCumbers v. Environmental Regulatory Service Group, Fred Boggs, Eric Williams, Leonard Womble
PA – Kevin W. Hughart: J – James Stucky
* The plaintiffs say the defendants conspired to steal away their abandoned well search business by defaming the company to prospective clients and wooing away employees to learn the well search process.
Case number: 09-C-573
Mary C. Kopelman v. Mercedes-Benz USA
PA – Larry G. Kopelman: J – James Stucky
* The plaintiff claims she bought a new Mercedes-Benz in 2005 which she says shimmies and vibrates at speeds above 60 miles per hour. Despite numerous visits to the dealership, the plaintiff claims the problem persists.
Case number: 09-C-574
Robert E. Rhodes v. Jim Rubenstein, West Virginia Division of Corrections commissioner, David Ballard, warden of Mt. Olive Correctional Center and the West Virginia Division of Corrections
PA – Wesley Queen: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff, who says he's worked at Mt. Olive as a correctional officer since 1994, claims Ballard is now discriminating against him because the plaintiff had previous problems with the warden's wife.
Case number: 09-C-578
Michael Rutherford, sheriff of Kanawha County v. Helicopter Flite Services, Mountain International Trucks and Summit Equipment and Leasing
PA – Mary Rich Maloy: J – Tod Kaufman and Charles King
* Rutherford is seeking allegedly unpaid taxes from the defendants for tax years between 2004 and 2008. According to the complaints, Helicopter Flite Services owes $9,010; Mountain International owes $50,254; and Summit Equipment and Leasing owes $41,594.
Case numbers: 09-C-579 through 09-C-581
David J. Fields v. Petroleum Products, Inc. and Petroleum Fueling
PA – G. Patrick Jacobs: J – Charles King
* The plaintiff claims he injured himself when he fell on a temporary ramp at a business in Belle leased by the defendants to his employer, Pitt-Ohio Express.
Case number: 09-C-583
Kristina James v. BB&T, Dennis Ahewba and Al James
PA – Mark A. Atkinson: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims she was fired from BB&T in February 2009 for taking time off work because she was pregnant.
Case number: 09-C-593