Katherine A. Decker v. Justin E. Smith
P.A. - Bruce White; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a resident of Pleasants County, is suing the defendant for underinsured motorist coverage via his insurance carrier, State Farm, following a car wreck on Jan. 19, 2008 on W. Va. 2 near Waverly. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and interest.
Case No. 09-C-173
Camalloy, Inc. v. The Singer Sheet Metal Company
P.A. - Ryan S. Marsteller; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for unpaid goods and services delivered to the defendant between Dec. 1-31. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the goods and services, $128,701.93 plus costs and fees.
Case No. 09-C-176
Harry E. Richards, Mary Lou Adams, Georgia A. Beatty, Renee Wright, Robert Adams, Scott Adams v. Rose L. Church, Joe Canepari, Jason Canepari, Brent Church and Randy Church
P.A. - William Crichton VI; J - Beane
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants to the stop the probate of the last will and testament of Virgie E. Canepari, who died on March 13, and who's will was admitted to the Wood County Commission on April 2. In addition to an order halting the probate of the admitted will, the plaintiffs are asking that a will dated March 20 be admitted.
Case No. 09-C-177
Iza Bartlett v. Leslie J. Brush and Monica Brush
P.A. - J.C. Powell; J- Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries she sustained after slipping on the swimming pool on the defendant's property at 156 Brook Circle in Washington on June 6. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case No. 09-C-178
Central Industrial Management, Inc. v. Michael W. Johnson and Western Sizzlin, LLC
P.A. - William Crichton; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a Millwood-based business, is suing the defendants for excavation work performed in 2007 and 2008, but not paid. Along with judgment in the amount of the unpaid services, $14,836.73, the plaintiff is seeking costs and interest.
Case No. 09-C-179
Enterprise Rent-A-Car v. Cassandra Moyer
P.A. - O. Gay Elmore Jr.; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a Kentucky-based business with offices on Murdoch Avenue, is suing the defendant, a Parkersburg resident, for damages inflicted on 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan on Nov. 5 while in her care. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the damages, $2,476.38, plus $990.55 in attorney fees, $170 in court costs and interest.
Case No. 09-C-182
Kathy L. Hart v. Richard A. Wiseman
P.A. - Robert S. Fluharty Jr.; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for failing to convey to her a deed for a lot on 509 Maple St. in Parkersburg after paying him $10,000. In addition to an order reducing the purchase price to off-set her costs and expenses, the plaintiff is asking for appointment of a special commissioner to enforce delivery of the deed.
Case No. 09-C-183