Kimberly A. Snyder vs. Raymond A. Bannan, M.D.
PA- Thomas D. Hall; J- Wilson
* On Sept. 4, 2007, Snyder followed up with Dr. Bannan after being seen at Ohio Valley Medical Center. He treated her unsuccessfully for an erroneous diagnosis of herpes simplex in the right eye. She received an additional medical opinion from Dr. Xiaogin Lu due to defendant's failure to consider a differential diagnosis. Judgment is demanded for a claim of permanent damage and scarring to her cornea.
Case number: 09-C-133
Kelly Taylor and Mark Taylor v. Rhonda L. Mussard
PA- Dean G. Makricostas; J- Wilson
* Kelly Taylor was traveling as a passenger south bound on North Huron on April 23, 2007. The vehicle was struck, and she was forced to seek medical treatment accruing $2,600 in medical care expenses. Loss of consortium is further claimed and compensatory damages are requested.
Case number: 09-C-134
Heidi Ellen Sauvageot and Victor J. Sauvageot v. Hillcrest, a Division of Ohio Valley Medical Center
PA- Michael E. Froble; J- Wilson
* Heidi Sauvageot was hired by Hillcrest on March 8, 1999, initially doing social work placements. She was criticized consistently for her handwriting even though a letter had been received from Dr. Tellers that this was a symptom of her MS. It is claimed her job became more paperwork when Sara DeLong became her supervisor. Defendant knew Plaintiff had been diagnosed with MS in 1989, at age 35, and was experiencing a progression of her disease. At age 54 she required reasonable accommodations and claims violation of the provisions of the American with Disabilities Act with the purposeful intent to have her resign or seek other employment. Judgment, for punitive damages, is requested.
Case number: 09-C-135
James W. Durbin and Joanie Durbin vs. Arlen M. Dacar, individually, and dba Arlen M. Dacar Masonry
PA- Jerry Sklavounakis; Brent A. Clyburn; J- Gaughan
* It is said defendant had knowledge that unsafe work conditions existed at the job site. The direct and proximate results of intentional exposure to specific unsafe work conditions have resulted in serious compensable injuries for which judgment is sought.
Case number: 09-C-136
Delores L. Harris vs. Vehid Muhic and Zakir L. Kachaliyev
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; David P. Robinson; J- Gaughan
* Muhic was operating a Freightliner Semi during the scope of active employment on April 21, 2007. It is alleged that he negligently ignored the posted "no buses or trucks" warning sign causing him to back westward down 12th Street and travel off the roadway, strike a telephone wire and cause serious damage to Harris' house. Approximately 2 feet of awning was pulled from plaintiff's house, along with the telephone junction box. Compensatory damages are demanded by trial jury both jointly and severally.
Case number: 09-C-137