Christopher C. Cummings and Carrie Ann Cummings v. Rite Aid of West Virginia
PA – Roger A. Decanio: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiffs are suing over a work related injury of Christopher, a delivery driver for Rite Aid. The plaintiffs claim he was injured when an unsecure load fell on him during a drop-off in Lexington, Ky.
Case number: 09-C-677
Carrie Pontier v. Sharp #4502 Inc. doing business as International House of Pancakes, Roderick Blue and John Whittington
PA – Mark French and Matthew Criswell: J – Tod Kaufman
* Pontier claims she was sexually harassed while working at the International House of Pancakes in Kanawha County.
Case number: 09-C-678
Ellen Goff v. Robin Creel
PA – Pro se: J - Charles King
* Goff claims Creel owes her $5,485 in back rent.
Case number: 09-C-680
Teresa Dellinger, individually and as executrix of the estate of Amber Dellinger v. Charleston Area Medical Center
PA – John D. Wooton: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims that a nurse's fumbling with an intravenous needle caused the death of her daughter, Amber, on Sept. 24, 2007.
Case number: 09-C-681
Charleston Area Medical Center v. Ruth A. Zakas
PA - Paul S Atkins: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiff claims Zakas owes $5,061 for services rendered.
Case number: 09-C-682
Kenneth Silverstein, as custodian and next friend of two minor children v. William Gates Linger
PA – Henry R. Glass III: J – Tod Kaufman
* Silverstein is seeking compensatory and punitive damages from Linger, whom he claims illegally used hidden cameras to videotape Silverstein's two minor children while undressed.
Case number: 09-C-685
Gary H. Bell v. Eric Watson and Melanie Watson
PA – Pro se: J – Charles King
* Bell claims he loaned the Watsons $24,000 which was never paid back.
Case number: 09-C-687
Lawrence Reynolds, Anthony Mawing, Alexis Rios-Conde, Jesus Sanchez, Dale Whittaker, Luis Perez and Tony A. Maragh v. West Virginia Racing Commission
PA – Ben Bailey and Sean W. Cook: J – Paul Zakaib, Jennifer Bailey Walker, Louis Bloom, James Stucky and Irene Berger
* The plaintiffs, all jockeys at Charles Town Races and Slots, filed individual lawsuits against the state commission, claiming they were unjustly suspended from horse racing activities because of allegations of cheating during weigh-ins.
Case numbers: 09-C-688 through 09-C-694
Christian Lindroth and Angela Lindroth v. West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Tamicka Tolliver, Policy Studies, Inc. and Debbie McMillan
PA – Richard K. Lindroth: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiffs say they have been paying child support to McMillan for more than a year after regaining custody of Angela's daughter.
Case number: 09-C-707
William Law v. Estate of Ruth Bowen Law and Lewis Ray Law
PA – Harold Albertson: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims that Lewis Ray Law manipulated Ruth Bowen Law into changing her will when she was in a state of incompetence.
Case number: 09-C-708
Evelyn D. Hamilton v. Thomas J. Hamilton Jr. and West Virginia Department of Transportation
PA – Nathan Hicks Jr.: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiff wants a judge to determine what, if anything, her ex-husband Thomas Hamilton will get from a pending sale of their marital home on Michigan Avenue to the state. The plaintiff says that Thomas Hamilton didn't keep to the terms of the property settlement agreement reached in their 1979 divorce.
Case number: 09-C-712
Jennifer Dotson v. Thomas Health Systems doing business as St. Francis Hospital, Kimberly Oldecker and Cathy McCarty
PA – Mark Toor: J – James Stucky
* The plaintiff says she was fired from her job as a phlebotomist at St. Francis via a trumped-up drug test she was given because she refused to falsify her time records and is disabled.
Case number: 09-C-718
Debra M. Hall v. Sears Holding Mgmt Corp
PA – Roger D. forman: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims she was demoted from a managerial position at the Elkview K-Mart after a work related injury left her on restricted duty per a physician's orders.
Case number: 09-C-725