James E. and Marilyn S. Pettit v. Ann M. Connor, M.D.
P.A. - George Cosenza; J - Beane
* The plaintiffs, residents of Graham, N.C., are suing the defendant, a Parkersburg resident, for defaulting on a trust deed drafted on July 18 and due Jan. 18. In addition to the amount due, $25,000, they are asking for costs, fees and pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 09-C-192
Linda Holstine, as personal representative of the estate of Eva Thelma Davis v. Ohio Valley Nursing Home, Inc. dba Ohio Valley Health Care and Michael A. Miller
P.A. - Robert W. Absten; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for neglecting Davis while in the defendant's care. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-193
Scott M. and Vicki B. Lauer v. Vision Care Associates, Inc.
P.A. - Anthony C. Sunseri; J - Reed
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for failing to pay them compensation they earned between 1998 and 2004 pursuant to a contractual agreement. They are seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-195
Trans-Allegheny Enterprises, LLC v. Howard Lauderman dba Pioneer Carpet
P.A. - Robert Campbell; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for unpaid rent on space leased to the defendant at the Diamond Plaza Shopping Center in Vienna. In addition to judgment in the amount of the unpaid rent, $11,550, the plaintiff is asking the court to order the defendant to vacate the premises.
Case number: 09-C-197
Sylvia S. Steele v. Mustang Survival Manufacturing, Inc, Michael Cunningham, Gregory Stover and Cheryl Woods
P.A. - Walt Auvil; J- Beane
* The plaintiff is suing defendants for wrongful termination. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-200
Richard C. Williams Jr. and Suzanne M. Williams, individually and as parents, guardians and next friends of Alexander C. Williams, their minor child v. Larry E. Smith
P.A. - James I. Stealey; J - Reed
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendant for injuries Alexander, while riding as a passenger with Richard, sustained in a car wreck with the defendant near 1514 Gihon Rd. in South Parkersburg on Jan. 12, 2008. They are seeking unspecified damages, costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-201
Wayne E. Gates v. J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. dba Chase Home Finance LLC
P.A. - Jennifer S. Wagner; J- not yet assigned
* The plaintiff, a resident of Vienna, is suing the defendant for breach of contract in the 2008 refinancing of his home on 1102 27th St. In addition to unspecified damages, costs and fees, he is asking for an order enjoining the defendant from foreclosing on his home and recovery of statutory penalities.
Case number: 09-C-203