Harold G. Miller v. West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles, Commissioner Joe E. Miller
PA -- Wendle D. Cook: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff, from South Charleston, seeks a reversal of the commissioner's order revoking his driving privileges for six months for drunk driving. The plaintiff says his job depends on his having a license.
Case number: 09-C-95
Chester L. Mitchell v. Massey Energy Co., Massey Coal Services Inc., and Independence Coal Co. Inc.
PA -- Mark A. Atkinson: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff says he was unlawfully fired from his job as a bulldozer operator and belt foreman.
Case number: 09-C-97
Security National Auto Accpt. Corp. v. Aaron M. Bolden
PA -- Daniel T. Booth: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff, a loan company, says the defendant owes more than $10,500 plus 16.9 percent interest since Sept. 2008. The lawsuit says the defendant owes for an automobile he bought while stationed at Fort Hood, Texas.
Case number: 09-C-101
Roma A. McComas and Deborah McComas v. Independence Coal Co. Inc., and Massey Coal Services
PA -- C. Joseph Stevens: J - William Stewart Thompson
* Roma was employeed by the defendants and says he was fired in January for giving a deposition supporting the plaintiff in a lawsuit against the defendants.
Case number: 09-C-103
State of West Virginia and U.S. 119 Drug Task Force v. 2000 Nissan Frontier, $1,275 in cash and Robert D. Kirk
PA -- Justin A. Marlowe: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The state and task force seek the forfeiture of the Nissan, the cash and three prescription dgus found during a search warrant executed in Danville. Kirk was cited for transporting drugs in the Nissan on March 20.
Case number: 09-C-104