Joseph Walker and Brenda Merced v. GMAC Mortgage LLC dba DiTech, Randall E. Sinclair and John Doe Holder
P.A. - Cynthia A. Majestro; J - Beane
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for inflating the market value of their home in Parkersburg for the purposes of conducting a refinancing. Along with unspecified damages, costs and fees, they are asking for $4,400 in civil penalties for each violation of applicable consumer protection laws.
Case number: 09-C-232
Debra S. Shinn v. Signature Hospital, LLC dba St. Joseph Hospital
P.A. - Walt Auvil; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff, a 30-year employee, is suing the defendant for failing to remit her final paycheck within 72 hours of her discharge from the hospital. She is seeking statutory judgment three times the amount of her final check, $1,086.89, plus costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-239
Community Bank of Parkersburg v. John A., Kelly A. and Charles A. Lawrentz
P.A. - William G. Powell; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for defaulting on a $38, 541.79 promissory note given to the defendants on March 4, 2005. In addition to judgment in the unpaid portion of the note, $21, 352.76, they are seeking pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 09-C-241
Malissa J. Adams v. Camden-Clark Memorial Hospital
P.A. - Scott H. Kaminski; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained on May 11, 2007 while working on one of the defendant's ambulances, and for wrongful termination following her discharge on Dec. 13, 2007. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case number: 09-C-242
Nationwide Mutual Insurance v. Samantha Conter
P.A. - Robert A. Flaugher; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant, a resident of Beverly, for subrogation of a claim it paid to its policyholder, James and Karen Willey, following a car wreck on Sept. 2, 2008. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the claim, $6,934.53, plus interest and costs.
Case number: 09-C-243
Nationwide Mutual Insurance v. Amy R. and Jason C. Waterman
P.A. - Robert A. Flaugher; J -not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for subrogation of a claim it paid to its policyholder, Stacy Strum, on April 16, 2008. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the claim, $3,715.26, plus interest and costs.
Case number: 09-C-244
Jackie A. Nay v. Brian Acord and Petroleum Products, Inc.
P.A. - Richard D. Dunbar; J -not yet assigned
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for injuries she sustained on May 11, 2007 in a car wreck with Acord while working for Petroleum Products. She is seeking unspecified damages, interest and costs.
Case number: 09-C-245