Michael Conaway, and Ashley Conaway vs. Jessica Moore, Amanda Apostolec and Geico General Insurance Company
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; David P. Robinson; J- Gaughan
* The plaintiffs say Moore negligently caused a rear-end collision on May 10, 2007. Plaintiffs were insured by GEICO and perfected the conditions for an uninsured claim, and a claim for medical coverage against GEICO's policy. They seek compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-149
Crescent Recovery LLC v. Gertrude M. Hupp
PA- Christopher R. Moore; J- Mazzone
* A security agreement was entered on Aug. 28, 1997, and secured by motor vehicle. Defendant defaulted and the security was subsequently repossessed and sold at a commercially reasonable rate. A deficiency balance remains in the amount of $3,483.65. This amount is demanded, plus the contractual interest rate of 12 per annum from the date of 07/06/00.
Case number: 09-C-150
Tiffany Taylor vs. Ohio Valley Health Services and Education Corporation dba Ohio Valley Medical Center, Incorporated
PA- David P. Robinson; J- Wilson
* Plaintiff suffered serious injuries during the course of her employment at Heartland–Lansing's property in Bridgeport, Ohio. A fracture to the 5th metacarpal at the base of her right hand was a direct and proximate result of a slip and fall on March 26, 2007. Taylor claims the workers' compensation claim she filed is a significant factor in her termination on May 9, 2007. Compensatory and punitive damages are sought for the discrimination and wrongful termination.
Case number: 09-C-151
Keith Banks vs. David J. Shutek and Joseph Shutek
PA- David P. Robinson; J- Mazzone
* A rear-end collision occurred in front of Perkins Restaurant on National Road. This incident, occurred on May 12, 2007, caused serious and permanent injuries and damages. Failure to maintain speed, proper control, and lookout is claimed for an undetermined amount of divers and sundry expenses. Judgment is demanded, jointly and severally, by a trial jury on all issues.
Case number: 09-C-152
Nardone Chiropractic v. Northeast Management Network
PA- Daniel M. Balgo; J- Gaughan
* On March 25, 2008, plaintiff received a solicitation for a "referral service" that claims legitimate leads to quality patients. An unconditional money back guarantee was offered stating this was not a "cold call" telemarketing scheme. Plaintiff tendered a check for $4,000. As a direct and proximate result of the breach of warranty, fraudulent and intentional misrepresentations, plaintiff has incurred monetary damages.
Case number: 09-C-153
Carl Evans v. Leonard Cole
PA- Eric M. Gordon; J- Gaughan
* On Sept. 2, 2008, heading North on 27th Street toward its intersection with Eoff Street, a collision occurred. Its claimed defendant ran through a red light. Plaintiff requests this Court compensate him for his damages.
Case number: 09-C-155
Belmont Savings Bank vs. Brian K. Moren
PA- Robert D. Plumby; J- Wilson
* Petitioner requests the Court record and recognize the Judgment entered by Belmont County Court on April 22, 2009, against Moren, in the amount of $9,493. An additional $118 are noted in the Certificate of Judgment.
Case number: 09-C-156
Charles Beecher and Darlene Kay Beecher vs. Sears, Roebuck & Co.
PA- Daniel M. Taylor, Jr.; J- Wilson
* Plaintiffs purchased a Kenmore refrigerator from defendant's retail outlet located at Ohio Valley Mall. An additional fee of $85 for delivery and installation was paid. Upon delivery, the service man said they did not have the necessary hardware and fittings to connect the water supply line. The salesman came to his home and purported to connect the water supply line. Upon Mr. Beecher's return home, he found the water line was not connected to the refrigerator and water coming from the line had flooded his home.
Case number: 09-C-157