First Neighborhood Bank, Inc. v. Alva J. Watson
P.A. - Andrew Woofter III; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for defaulting on a total of $239,342 in loans and promissory notes given to the plaintiff between April 13 and Nov. 5, 2005. In addition to judgment for the outstanding portions of the loans and promissory notes - $127,644.32 - they are seeking pre-judgment interest starting on May 12 and fees.
Case No. 09-C-251
Matthew West v. Andy Whitten, Richard and Mona Buckbee d/b/a Rendezvous Bar and Grill; Robert and Suzanne Deem d/b/a Rendezvous Bar and Grill
P.A. - G. Bradley Frum; J - Beane
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for injuries he sustained on May 13, 2007 while in the bar, and attacked by Whitten, who was known to be dangerous and had been previously removed from the bar. The Deems took ownership of the bar from the Buckbees on July 20, 2007. He is seeking unspecified damages.
Case No. 09-C-253
Timothy A. Bush v. General Electric Company
P.A. - Walt Auvil; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for failure to compensate him for accrued and unused vacation days following his termination on Feb. 28, 2009. In addition to judgment for three times the amount of the accrued vacation time -$2,464- he is seeking interest, costs and fees.
Case No. 09-C-256
Wesbanco, Inc. v. The Singer Sheet Metal Company, Paul Hoblitzell III and Anita C. Lockhart, administratrix of the estate of Randy W. Lockhart, deceased
P.A. - Robert W. Full; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for defaulting on $1.975 million in loans granted to the defendants on May 1, 2003. In addition to a court order granting possession of property used as collateral for the loans, they are seeking costs and fees.
Case No. 09-C-257
A.J. Watson d/b/a Bubble Magic Car Wash v. Nancy Claypool
P.A. - C. Edward McDonough; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for damages she inflicted to the inside wall of the car wash on Dec. 27, 2008. He is seeking unspecified damages, interest and costs.
Case No. 09-C-258
Steve M. Dawson v. John M. Roberts
P.A. - Bruce M. White; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained after he was struck by Roberts' car on Dec. 15, 2008 at the Speedway on Grand Central Ave. in Parkersburg. He is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case No. 09-C-260
Judith Ann Hayhurst, Carlos Kyle Hayhurst, et ux, DeAnn Hayhurst Riddle, as guardian and next friend of Laken Nicole Riddle, and Laken Nicole Riddle, individually v. Gary M. Porter
P.A. - David A. Jividen; J - Reed
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendant for injuries Judith and Laken sustained in a car wreck with the defendant on Aug. 2, 2008. They are seeking unspecified damages, interest and cost.
Case No. 09-C-262
William G. and Deborah B. Powell v. Daniel Ludwig
P.A. - Pro se; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendant for damages to their car and injuries they sustained in a car wreck with the defendant on May 10, 2007. They are seeking unspecified damages for their injuries, and $4,000 for the diminished value of their car.
Case No. 09-C-263
Brenda S. Powell v. Parkersburg and Wood County Public Library
P.A. - Bruce White; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained after falling on uneven pavement in the front of the library's main branch on Emerson Ave. She is seeking unspecified damages, costs and fees.
Case No. 09-C-266