Brandy Jo Burnside v. Sharon Evans, executrix of the estate of Archie Donald Kuhn, et al
PA - Joel Baker: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff is seeking a portion of her late grandfather's estate.
Case number: 09-C-105
Roger Green v. EQT Gathering Equity
PA -- Roger D. Forman: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff is seeking $20,000 from an agreement with the defendant relating to pipeline installation on his property.
Case number: 09-C-106
Charles Hawks II v. Ed Coal Inc. and JMAC Leasing
PA -- Jamie F. Little: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff says he was improperly fired from his job as a "greaser" at a mine operated by the defendant company after a fall and injury. He's seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-107
Wesley Webber v. Bucyrus Field Services, Inc., Independence Coal Co. et al
PA -- Anthony J. Majestro: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff is seeking damages over burns he suffered at a mine operated by the defendants. The plaintiff, a welder, says a spark ignited mineral spirits and caught his clothes on fire. He says he tried to put out the fire with an extinguisher, but it was defective.
Case number: 09-C-108
West Virginia Division of Highways v. Federal Coal Company et al
PA -- Eric B. Hudnall: J - William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiff is seeking to condemn five acres of land for a road project from Seth to Williams Mountain.
Case number: 09-C-109
Rhonda McCormick, individually and as parent and guardian of Joshua and Allison McCormick v. Massey Energy Co., et al
PA -- John E. Sutter, Roger A. Decanio and John R. Mitchell: J -- William Stewart Thompson
* The plaintiffs are seeking to be compensated over allegedly toxic well water caused by the operations of the defendants.
Case number: 09-C-110