This Just In: Marshall County
By Denise Simpson -Marshall Bureau
Vincent E. Wilt vs. Bonnie North a/k/a Bonnie Gray, individually and d/b/a Bonnie's Club Association, et al
PA- Gerasimos (Jerry) Sklavounakis; Steven M. Green; J- Karl
* Wilt was participating in an outdoor Mud Bog event at Bonnie's Club on May 6, 2007, when the defendant's, through their agents, served alcoholic beverages to Dustin Richey, who was under the age of 21. Wilt drove from the event with Richey who was involved in a motor vehicle crash. Wilt seeks joint and several compensatory and general damages.
Case number: 09-C-89
Amerifirst Home Improvement Finance Co. v. George J. Stevey Sr., Katherine M. Stevey
PA- Christopher R. Moore; J- Karl
* Defendants entered in a Home Improvement Contract with Alan V. Landy Construction, Inc., who agreed to provide services for $13,900 to be financed over 144 months. Defendants are indebted to the Plaintiff in the amount of $15,322.06, which includes principal and interest owed. The plaintiff seeks that amount plus interest.
Case number: 09-C-91
Thomas E. Dunlap and his wife, Sherryl Anne Dunlap v. A.W. Chesterton Co., et al.
PA- Leslie Ann James; J- Karl
* Plaintiffs claim the defendants negligently and recklessly failed to warn and advise plaintiff of the dangerous characteristics and effects of continued asbestos exposure. Plaintiff has suffered continuing, lingering, and permanent injury due to inhaling asbestos fibers. They seek joint and several damages.
Case number: 09-C-97
Scott G. Mandirola, Acting Director, Division of Water and Waste Management, West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection v. PPG Industries, Inc.
PA- Raymond S. Franks II; J- Hummel
* The state DEP seeks $25,000 for each day of each violation the defendant has violated a 2005 permit regarding pollutants and discharge from its manufacturing operations at the Natrium Plant.
Case number: 09-C-98
Leslie Equipment Co., v. Littleton Landscape & Tree Removal and Michael Littleton, individually and d/b/a Littleton Landscape & Tree Removal
PA- Jason S. Hammond; J- Karl
* Leslie says the defendants owe $5,811.30 from an Aug. 22, 2008, rental agreement of a 550 J Crawler Dozer at $1,165 per week. It seeks that amount plus interest.
Case number: 09-C-100