CHARLESTON -- Jackson Kelly is pleased to announce that 14 of the firm's West Virginia lawyers have been rated as leaders in their field in the Chambers USA 2009 Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers.
"Jackson Kelly is fortunate to have outstanding attorneys," firm CEO Mike Foster said. "We believe our clients already know this. Nevertheless, it is always nice to see our lawyers' work and dedication acknowledged by being listed in Chambers."
Chambers also rated four of the firm's practice areas Rank 1 in West Virginia. They are: Corporate/Commercial, Litigation (General Commercial), Natural Resources and Real Estate. Also recognized was Jackson Kelly's Labor & Employment Practice Group.
The lawyers recognized in the Chambers USA 2009 Guide are:
* Ellen Cappellanti (Corporate/Commercial)
* Charles Dunbar (Corporate/Commercial: Banking & Finance)
* Louis S. Southworth II (Corporate/Commercial: Tax)
* Robert Tweel (Corporate/Commercial: Tax)
* A L Emch (Litigation: General Commercial)
* Thomas J. Hurney (Litigation: Health care)
* Robert G. McLusky (Natural Resources: Environment)
* Robert Fluharty (Real Estate)
* Elizabeth O. Lord (Corporate/Commercial)
* Daniel Stickler (Litigation: General Commercial)
* Stephen LaCagnin (Litigation: General Commercial)
* Charles W. Loeb Jr. (Real Estate)
* Erin E. Magee (Labor & Employment)
* Roger Wolfe (Labor & Employment)
The rankings are based upon the recommendations of clients and lawyers throughout the United States. Law firms and individual lawyers are ranked on a scale of 1-6, with an additional ranking awarded to those considered up and coming and for lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field.
Attorneys are ranked on qualities such as technical ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service and commercial awareness.
Chambers and Partners, based in London, produces the annual Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers. Top firms and top attorneys are ranked and their merits described -- usually in the words of clients the publisher has interviewed. For more information, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
Jackson Kelly represents global corporations, national companies, entrepreneurs and individuals in areas of law such as environmental, business, labor and employment, federal and state workers' compensation, civil litigation and occupational safety and health. The firm has offices in West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Colorado and the District of Columbia.