Gatewood Transportation Company v. Glenn Hanson and Mystic Hills, LLC
P.A. - Ginny Conley; J - Beane
* The plaintiff, a Belpre, Ohio-based business, is suing the defendants, a Parkersburg resident and business, for theft of trade secrets and confidential and propriety information in violation of an agreement Hanson signed with the plaintiff on Jan. 29, 2008. In addition to unspecified damages, costs and fees, they are seeking a preliminary injunction against the defendants from disclosing anymore trade secrets or confidential information.
Case number: 09-C-323
S & A Property Research, LLC v. Chemwood Partners, Richard M. Greenwood and Alfred L. Oglesby
P.A. - Andrew C. Woofter III; J - not yet assigned
* The defendant, a Parkersburg business, is suing the defendants, a Houston, Texas-based business, and two of its partners who are Texas residents, for breach of contract in failing to pay for services rendered from March to May in researching oil and gas leases. In addition to judgment in the amount of the outstanding invoices, $152,701.96, they are seeking costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-332
The West Virginia Human Rights Commission, et. al. v. William I. Cochran
P.A. - Jamie S. Alley; J - not yet assigned
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant, owner of a multi-unit apartment complex on Knotts Avenue in Parkersburg for housing discrimination based on multiple acts of unwanted sexual advances on Savannah Abbott, Shauna Britton and Tammy Hutson between 2004 and 2008. In addition to unspecified damages, they are seeking injunctive relief requiring the defendant to cease and desist all discriminatory and harassing conduct.
Case number: 09-C-333
Verizon of West Virginia, Inc. v. FFE Transportation Services, Inc.
P.A.- Diana Leigh Johnson; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant, a Dallas, Texas-based business, for damages one if its vehicles inflicted on aerial cables along 55th Street in Vienna on July 3, 2007. They are seeking judgment in the total amount of the damages, $94,993, plus fees and costs.
Case number: 09-C-336
Gregory A. West v. Fernando P. Martin
P.A. - James I. Stealey; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on Oct. 23, 2007 in a car wreck with the defendant on 5th Street in Parkersburg. He is seeking minimal damages of $63,711.48 plus costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-337
Marjorie Cynthia Humphreys, as power of attorney for Rosalie Humphreys, v. Eagle Pointe, EagleCare, Inc. dba Eagle Pointe, Jackson Leasing II, Inc., American Senior Communities, LLC and Karen Lawson
P.A. - Harry Bell; J -Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries her mother sustained while a resident at the defendant's Parkersburg facility between Feb. 21-28, 2008. She is seeking unspecified damages and fees.
Case number: 09-C-339