James J. Salem vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc.
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Wilson
* Plaintiff claims he incurred divers and sundry business and medical expenses resulting from a slip on June 16, 2007. A compensatory judgment is demanded.
Case number: 09-C-180
Bryant Creighton and Beth Ann Creighton vs. Cecelia Visnic
PA- Christopher M. Turak; W. Howard Klatt; J- Gaughan
* On October 19, 2007, the stairs at 720 Main Street collapsed while working as a meter reader for AEP. As a direct and proximate result of upkeep negligence, the plaintiff fell approximately 8 or 9 feet and sustained injuries; some or all of which may be permanent in nature.
Case number: 09-C-181
Timothy L. Coss vs. Susan M. Reilly, Administratrix of the Estate of Judy Ann Reill, deceased, and unknowns, et al
PA- T.C. McCarthy, Jr; J- Mazzone
* On July 25, 2007, plaintiff traveled an easterly direction on Jacob Street and collided with Judy Ann Reilly. She died Sept. 11, 2007, of a drug mixture and alcohol intoxication as stated on her death certificate. Cross seeks $750,000 in damages.
Case number: 09-C-182
Brant R. Dye vs. William R. Dye, Executor Under the Last Will and Testament of Albert M. Dye, deceased
PA- James A. Byrum; J- Gaughan
* Prior to his death, the defendant owned and sold many parcels of real estate. He purchased 2719 Jacob Street for $2,000 and it is recorded that a Deed conveyed this property to plaintiff for $10,000. The plaintiff became aware of the existence of said Deed when he received word that a warrant for his arrest had been issued for code violations. A request is sought to set aside this Deed.
Case mumber: 09-C-183
Robert Oser vs. John Doe and State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance
PA- James A. Byrum; J- Wilson
* An unknown individual backed into plaintiff at the parking lot of Jebbia's Fruit Market on June 23, 2007. He had uninsured motorist coverage with State Farm on that day. Compensatory damages are sought for medical expenses from suffering and mental anguish.
Case number: 09-C-184
Billy Don Shaw and Lucille Shaw vs. Travelcenters of America, LLC; et al
PA- Peter D. Friday; J- Wilson
*Plaintiff was employed as a diesel mechanic at various premises and times since 1970. He was exposed to fuel, fumes, asbestos, acetone and other dangerous chemicals, during his employment. On June 19, 2007, he was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma of the lungs and lung disease. Compensatory and punitive damages, in excess of 10 million, are demanded.
Case number: 09-C-186
Cindy Samuelson, Administratrix of the Estate of Roger Lee Samuelson, Deceased vs. Armstrong Steel Erectors, Inc. and The Velotta Company
PA- Robert P. Fitzsimmons; J- Wilson
* On Sept. 10, 2007, an Armstrong Steel foreman instructed plaintiff's decedent to install steel deck pans and secure them with tapping screws. He worked on top of bridge beams at a 50 feet elevation and put his weight on an unsecured panel which caused a fall from the bridge into a creek bed. An award, jointly and severally, is sought for compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-187
Patty L. Butler for Linda K. Yee, an incompetent person vs. Linda K. Yee, an incompetent person
PA- William J. Ihlenfeld, II; J- Gaughan
* As a result of the death of Walter Yee a need has arisen to sell the former home at Owl Court. The Estate has agreed to sell the subject real estate to two of the heirs for $24,000. The petitioner believes the transfer will promote the best interests of Linda Yee and a request is made for the appointment of a guardian ad litem.
Case number: 09-C-189