Mark Burks and Roberta Burks vs. Mountaineer Grading Company
PA-David R. Barney Jr. and Kevin W. Thompson; J-Spaulding
* The Fraziers Bottom couple says the Elkview-based defendant was involved in the U.S. 35 upgrade and conducted blasting in the spring and summer of 2008 near their home. They say the blasts caused property damage and diminution of the property value, caused a nuisance and constituted trespass. They also claim negligence and strict liability. They seek compensatory and punitive damages, attorney fees, costs and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-194
Courtney Kise vs. The City of Hurricane, Putnam County, West Virginia
PA-Mark L. French and Matthew S. Criswell; J-Stowers
* Kise was walking with a baby stroller on Hurricane Avenue in Hurricane on July 24, 2007, when she tripped over a broken part of the roadway, causing her to fall and fracture her ankle. She seeks compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-196
Dodrill Heating and Cooling LLC vs. Steorts Homebuilders LLC, Thomas L. Klein and Sara B. Klein
PA-Shawn R. Romano; J-Spaulding
* Dodrill says Steorts entered into a contract for Dodrill to provide work and materials to Steorts at four Putnam County homes. Dodrill seeks payment. One of the homes has been sold to the Kleins. They seek $59,666 and a mechanic's lien. It claims unjust enrichment and quantum meruit. It seeks the amount plus interest, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-197
III Trees Inc. vs. Steorts Homebuilders LLC
PA-Shawn R. Romano; J-na
* Trees says Steorts entered into a contract for Trees to provide work and materials to Steorts at a Putnam County home. Dodrill seeks payment. Trees seek $10,391.74 and a mechanic's lien. It claims unjust enrichment and quantum meruit. It seeks the amount plus interest, attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-198
Donald R. Carter vs. Debbie Joyce and John Doe/Corporations
PA-D. Adrian Hoosier II; J-Stowers
* Carter says Joyce duped him regarding the sale of about 75 acres near the new U.S. 35. Upon her advice, he bought the property for $750,000. He seeks compensatory and punitive damages
Case number: 09-C-199