James McGarry II; Kathy McGarry, et al v. McElroy Coal Company, Consol Energy Inc., et al
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Karl
* Dangerous, defective, and hazardous work conditions are claimed as a result of permanent injuries sustained. On May 28, 2007, McGarry says his right arm was pulled into and caught between the roller and bottom belt. Insufficient safeguards were neglected and compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 09-C-102
Darlene E. Verno; William J. Verno vs. Amber Dawn Conner
PA- Rodney T. Berry; J- Karl
* On June 19, 2007, Plaintiff was heading East, at the intersection of 16th and Chapline, when she was struck in the passenger side. A compensatory judgment is sought for defendant's negligence.
Case number: 09-C-104
Larry Clark and Mellisa Clark, husband and wife, and Sabrina Clark and Santana Clark, minor children v. Danny Douglas Doty, Pauletta J. Hall and Erie Insurance Property Casualty Company
PA-J. Marty Mazezka; J- Karl
* On May 23, 2007, Mellisa Clark claims Danny Doty struck her stationary vehicle at the intersection of 1st and Jefferson and fled the scene of the accident. The plaintiffs seek to recover the insurance benefits to which they are entitled.
Case number: 09-C-106
Kay Zacharias and Warren Zacharias vs. Charles Neff
PA- Christopher M. Turak; J- Karl
* Traveling on W.Va. 2 on June 8, 2007, Kay Zacharias was rear ended. The injuries suffered are believed permanent in nature and have resulted in lost wages for which a compensatory amount is requested.
Case number: 09-C-110
Sean Wycherley, deceased, by Robert Allen Wycherley, Personal Representative vs. Meagan Hall
PA- Jay T. McCamic; J- Hummel
* On June 22, 2007, Sean Wycherley was traveling as a passenger in a vehicle operated by Hall, on Nauvoo Ridge. Failure to maintain control caused the vehicle to leave the roadway, roll over, and crash. This negligence in maintaining control rose to the level of gross negligence is said to have resulted in the wrongful death of plaintiff. Judgment is required for damages of the decedent; reasonable funeral expenses plus items of ascertainable pecuniary loss up o the date of trial.
Case number: 09-C-111
Trans Energy, Inc. vs. John W. Hicks, Deceased, and Ruth Hicks, and their unknown heirs or assigns
PA- Eric M. Gordon; J- Hummel
* John Hicks obtained his interest in the oil and gas through the estate of his father. Based on research, it is believed the heirs and assigns are the owners of interest. A request is made for an Order to appoint a Special Commissioner to lease the oil and gas underlying the subject property and protect the mineral interests of the unknown heirs.
Case number: 09-C-113
Patricia Williamson, Individually and as the Executrix of the Estate of Charles Williamson, Deceased vs. Leon Steven Gravely, American International Insurance Company, and American International South Insurance Company
PA- Teresa C. Toriseva; J- Karl
* Charles Williamson was training on his bicycle for an Ironman triathlon on the Coalfields Expressway on March 13, 2008. Gravely was traveling at a speed believed to be in excess of 95 mph; laid down 392 feet of skid marks before striking Williamson on his bicycle. His injuries were fatal. This wrongful death suit seeks additional punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-116
Jacob Morgan and Sylvia Morgan vs. The American Amish Furniture Company, d/b/a Belmont County Hardwoods, et al
PA- Teresa C. Tories; J- Karl
* Plaintiff's seek judgment for breach of contract, fraud, and all damages allowed from defendant's conduct.
Case number: 09-C-118