Jeff Sandy vs. Wood County Deputy Sheriff Civil Service Commission
PA - Andrew C. Woofter III; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, the Wood County sheriff, is seeking declaratory relief from the court to settle a question of law relating to a pending appeal from the commission's decision to terminate an unnamed deputy sheriff.
Case number: 09-C-371
Community Bank of Parkersburg vs. Gregory A. Hill
PA - Andrew C. Woofter III; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for defaulting on a $25, 383.65 promissory note given to the defendant on April 19, 2007. They are seeking judgment in the outstanding portion of the note, $23,266.44, plus pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 09-C-376
Select Medical Corp. d/b/a Select Specialty Hospital-Columbus vs. Jeff McCoy
PA - Stephen R. Kleinman; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, an Ohio business, is suing the defendant for failing to pay for treatment rendered from Dec. 26 to Feb. 10. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $191,832.01 plus court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-377
Hope Gas, Inc. d/b/a Dominion Hope vs. Morlan Enterprises
PA - David Grunau and John Lee DePolo; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for damages to a gas main caused by installation of light pole by the defendant. They are seeking $3,388.76 in compensatory damages, $25,000 in punitive damages plus attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-378
First Federal Savings Bank vs. James E. Smith
PA - David G. Palmer; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for defaulting on four loans given to the defendant between Nov. 28, 2005 and July 6, 2007. They are seeking judgment in the outstanding balance of the loans, $27,042.46, plus interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-379
Barbara Bowser v. Mountain State Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Inc.
PA - Richard A. Hayhurst; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained on the job after falling on a ramp between the stairs and lunchroom on July 30, 2007. She is seeking unspecified damages.
Case number: 09-C-380
Debra Ann Pryor v. Laborers' Local 1085 and Rick Drain
PA - Walt Auvil; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, an Ohio resident, is suing the defendants for wrongful termination on Jan 16. As a consequence of her refusal to participate in political campaigning, and to cover for Drain's misappropriation of union funds. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-381