Putnam Village Partners LLC vs. Stefano DiLeonardes
PA-J. Robert Leslie; J-Spaulding
* The defendant allegedly has breached the terms of a lease and owes $48,748.09 plus fees and costs.
Case number: 09-C-233
Numerous plaintiffs vs. Monsanto Company, Pharmacia Corporation, Flexsys America Co., Flexsys American LP, Apogee Coal Company LLC and Solutia Inc.
PA-Stuart Calwell; J-Stowers and Spaulding
* The plaintiffs allege that the defendant companies caused cancer by exposure to dioxins/furans contamination of the air and property in and around Nitro because of their waste disposal practices. They seek compensatory and punitive damages.
Case numbers: 09-C-234 through 09-C-283
Fontaina Scott vs. Mountaineer Grading Company
PA-David R. Barney Jr.; J-Spaudling
* Scott owns property in Fraziers Bottom and says the defendant company's blasting operations on the new U.S. 35 in 2008 affected her and her property. She lists property damage, nuisance, trespass, negligence and/or gross negligences and strict liability in her complaint. She seeks compensatory and punitive damages, attorney fees, costs and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-286
Mark Casto and Tonya Jean Casto vs. Moses Ford Inc.
PA-Shawn R. Romano; J-Stowers
* On Aug. 11, 2007, Tonya Jean Casto was driving her 2006 Ford Expedition on Interstate 64 when the left front tire blew out, causing her to turn sharply, strike the median barrier with her three-year-old daughter in the back seat. The plaintiffs claim the defendant company is responsible for her medical expenses. Her husband sues for loss of consortium. They seek compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-287
Tristen Beckett vs. Picerrne Management Company of Florida dba Sable Point Apartments and Donna Rorabaugh
PA-James M. Barber; J-Stowers
* Beckett, a resident of Sable Point Apartments, slip and fell on ice and snow on a common sidewalk on Jan. 29. The plaintiff says the defendants are negligent and seeks compensatory damages of $30,000 for medical expenses, aggravation, annonoyance, inconvenience, pain and suffering.
Case number: 09-C-288
Sharon J. Williams Coleman vs. Donald Miller Harmon
PA-Harvey D. Peyton; J-Spauldling
* The plaintiff claims an auto accident on Sept. 15, 2007, was Harmon's fault, and she seeks compensatory damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-290
Edna Jenkins vs. St. Mary's Medical Center Inc., Huntington Emergency Physicians Group Inc., John P. Short D.O., Rodger Blake M.D., Dr. Moz-Long and Dr. Michael Stewart
PA-Anthony J. Majestro and J.C. Powell; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiff, who lives in Ashland, Ky., received medical care from the defendants in Huntington in Cabell County on Feb. 24, 2006, for an accident in Wayne County. She says the defendants failed to diagnose and treat a foreign object lodged in and around her eye resulting from the accident. She seeks compensatory damages, consequential damages, punitive damages, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-300
Lori Jones-Hicks, parent and next friend of Ashlee Star Hicks vs. Randy C. Burdette and Carolyn Burdette
PA-Joseph K. Reeder; J-Spaulding
* On Aug. 7, 2007, Ashlee was at the defendants' Winfield home when she was "viciously attacked" by their "Boxer" dog. The plaintiffs, from Scott Depot, seek compensatory damages and for "Boxer" to be destroyed.
Case number: 09-C-301
Carter Sales and Services Inc. and Donald R. Carter vs. CKB Inc. dba C.H. Brown Co.
PA-D. Adrian Hoosier II; J-Stowers
* The plaintiffs say an oral contract between the plaintiff and defendant companies was breached by the defendant when it demanded full payment of $42,000 to bring account current. Plaintiffs seek a temporary injunction to keep their property. It also seeks attorney fees, costs and damages for annoyance and aggravation.
Case number: 09-C-303