Joseph J. Veltri Jr. and Theresa Veltri vs. Graybar Electric Company Inc.
PA- Michael Edward Nogay; J- Gaughan
* Plaintiff claims he was terminated as a result of his physical disabilities. Had he been retained another two years, his pension (once he reached 30 years of service) would have substantially increased. Punitive and compensatory damages are demanded by jury trial.
Case number: 09-C-242
Hock's LLC vs. Jeffrey Hornick
PA- Scott S. Blass; J- Gaughan
* Hornick fraudulently represented he was authorized to cash his mother's, Willa J. Hornick, United States Treasury checks. He forged her signature and obtained $9,844 from nine checks. The United States government reclaimed said checks from Hock's bank account. Judgment is demanded against these false misrepresentations.
Case number: 09-C-244
Juana Mota, individually and as parent and next friend of Stephanie Batts, and Stephanie Batts, individually vs. Hugh P. Curley
PA- Jeffrey T. Jones; J-Mazzone
* On Aug. 14, 2007, on Exit Ramp 1A, off Interstate 70, Juana Mota and Stephanie Batts were passengers in a vehicle being operated by Antonio Williams. Defendant was driving a vehicle owned by Caroline Silvey. As a direct and proximate result of this collision, plaintiffs have incurred various and sundry medical expenses and demand a trial by jury.
Case number: 09-C-249
Antonio Williams vs. Hugh P. Curley
PA- Jeffrey T. Jones; J- Recht
* Williams seeks judgment for injuries sustained and believed to be permanent in nature from an August 14, 2007 collision.
Case number: 09-C-250
James Allen Cottrill vs. William M. Fox, Warden
PA- Pro Se; J- Gaughan
* Petitioner was indicted, on May 10, 2004, for the charge of sexual abuse in the first degree and subsequently plead guilty to three charges. A petition for writ of habeas corpus is filed herein.
Case number: 09-C-256
Cincinnati Insurance Co., as subrogee of Wanda's Bargain Barn LLC, and Wanda's Bargain Barn LLC vs. Darla J. Appleby aka Darla J. Anderson
PA- Joseph W. Selep; J- Gaughan
* Defendant is currently incarcerated in the Northern Regional Jail and was formerly an employee of Wanda's. In her capacity as an employee of the video lottery business in Triadelphia, a review of surveillance tapes discovered that she had broken into the office and stole money on 22 occasions. Wanda's suffered $15,699 in damages. Judgment for Cincinnati, as subrogee, is requested.
Case number: 09-C-264