William J. Schweizer vs. Hope Burgy and/or John or Jane Doe
PA- Gail W. Kahle; J- Recht
* Plaintiff was stopped at the entrance ramp of Interstate 70 and Main Street. Defendants fled the scene after the impact, and this negligence was the sole and proximate cause of the automobile collision of Sept. 7, 2007. A punitive and compensatory judgment is sought.
Case number: 09-C-283
Michael Ruskowski and Cynthia Ruskowski vs. Gilbert C. Ullom
PA- Steven T. Taylor; J- Wilson
* On Oct. 30, 2008, while traveling near the intersection of East Cove and Route 88, failure to yield right of way resulted in damages and injuries. Compensatory judgment is demanded.
Case number: 09-C-284
Kimberly A. Snyder vs. Raymond A. Bannan, M.D. and Kathryn M. Clark, O.D.
PA- Thomas D. Hall; J- Wilson
* Plaintiff was treated at OVMC, on Sept. 3, 2007, for complaints of right eye pain. She was instructed to use Cipro and follow up with Bannan. An additional medical opinion was obtained by Dr. Lu. An eye culture tested positive for acanthamoeba infection. The delayed alternative treatment plan for an erroneous diagnosis of herpes simplex resulted in diminished vision. A judgment for damages is demanded.
Case number: 09-C-285
Karen Barker vs. Ron Baker Motors Inc. and David F. Clarke Jr.
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Gaughan
* On Sept. 6, 2007, Barker's front driver's side tire disengaged causing an impact with the roadway pavement on W.Va. 2. Several mechanical problems were experienced during August 2007 when the vehicle was purchased. It is claimed Baker Motors was negligent for failure to inspect the vehicle and its components.
Case number: 09-C-288
Douglas L. Robbins and Kellie A. Robbins vs. James Fragale Jr. and Tina M. Fragale
PA- Robert C. McCoid and Gary A. Sacco; J- Mazzone
* Kellie Robbins was mowing grass on part of the real estate contiguous with property owned by a third party, who purchased it from the defendants. The mower struck a piece of metal rebar protruding upward causing damages to the lawnmower and extreme fright to her. Upon information and belief after investigation, plaintiff avers that the rebar was placed on the property by James Fragal years prior to the events alleged. Plaintiff demands a trial by jury.
Case number: 09-C-289
JC Enterprises Inc. vs. National Road JD Partners LLC
PA- John L. Allen; J- Wilson
* Plaintiff operates a corporation doing business as The Medicine Shoppe on National Road. They claim they do not owe Base Monthly Rent of $2,500, per month, for April, May, June, July, August and September 2009.
Case number: 09-C-290
James M. Spigarelli and Shannon L. Spigarelli vs. John Wakim, individually and Timber Grove Construction Co.
PA- Joseph E. Barki; J- Gaughan
* Subsequent to the completion of the construction, numerous structural problems began to develop, including cracking of interior walls. Prior to this filing, numerous attempts to identify the problems were attempted. Thereafter, S&P Engineering, performed tests and determined the footing of the home had shifted and slid near the rear of the residence. This was a result of negligent construction of the Footer and water control of the home. Plaintiffs seek punitive and compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-296
Thomas E. Riedel and Tracy Riedel vs. Branch Banking and Trust Company
PA- Jeffrey W. McCamic; J- Wilson
* A loan was entered for the purchase of two parcels of real estate in 1990. In May 2004, defendant notified plaintiffs they had defaulted and initiated a trustee's sale. The administration and collection of the loans breached the terms of the respective 1990 and 1998 loans. Relief is demanded for misapplied payments, advanced funds, and otherwise willful and wanton acts.
Case number: 09-C-298
Sharon L. Rinderer and William G. Rinderer Jr. vs. Christopher Paul Staley
PA- Diana H. Crutchfield; J- Recht
* On Sept. 18, 2007, Sharon Rinderer was stopped in traffic on National Road. Defendant was exiting a parking lot near Bob Evans in a vehicle owned by David Staley. As a direct and proximate result of Staley's claimed negligence, Walter Luikart was struck and then collided with plaintiff's car that was stopped in the westbound lane. Compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 09-C-300
Joseph Lahan and Mary Ann Lahan vs. Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company
PA- David A. Jividen and Chad C. Groome; J- Wilson
* On the westbound entrance to Interstate 70 near Murtland Avenue, Richard Stasiowski rear-ended the plaintiffs, on Oct. 28, 2004. Mary Ann Lahan's spinal injuries were so severe that the same necessitated multiple surgeries. She has incurred over $128,252.61 in medical bills to date. The plaintiff's say defendant committed unfair claim practices and violated insurance industry standards by looking for reasons not to pay the plaintiff's claim.
Case number: 09-C-301