Zachary Griffith vs. Molly Inc. dba Edge Flooring and Mike Brickner
PA- Don A. Yannerella; Quan S. Le; J- Gaughan
* On Sept. 15, 2008, as a direct and proximate result of operating a Delta table saw the plaintiff's left hand was severely cut. He has suffered serious injuries and incurred medical expenses in excess of $50,000. A jury trial is sought for compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-302
Ryan Bachman, Russell King, Jack Niggemyer, and Ryan Allen Speer vs. Par Enterprises Inc. dba Straub Honda/Hyundai and James Blankenship
PA- Patrick S. Cassidy and Wray V. Voegelin; J- Wilson
* Within his capacity as General Sales Manager, each plaintiff claim Blankenship sexually harassed them by making unwelcomed homosexual advances creating an abusive work environment. It is claimed this outrageous conduct intentionally caused severe emotional distress as to constitute behavior which is utterly intolerable in a civilized community. Judgment deemed proper under the circumstances is sought.
Case number: 09-C-303
Teresa C. Toriseva vs. Barry Hill, Mary J. Williams and Hill, Williams PLLC
PA- Avrum Levicoff; J- Gaughan
* The attorney fees of this complaint emanate from the filing, prosecution, and eventual settlement of Vioxx drug cases. From the inception to development, it was agreed that plaintiff would be required to devote all of her professional practice to the development of Vioxx cases and in turn, she would share substantially in the attorneys' fees. Plaintiff was foreclosed from the practice, March 2006, without provocation. She believes there is a genuine dispute between herself and the defendant with respect to her entitlement to a portion of the attorneys' fees that would otherwise be payable to Hill, Toriseva & Williams relative to the settlement of Vioxx cases.
Case number: 09-C-304
Erie Insurance Group vs. John K. Patterson II
PA- Jason P. Pockl; J- Wilson
* A collision occurred on Sept. 18, 2007. As a proximate result of defendant's negligence, plaintiff has paid $5,609.58 to Michael J. Stratta, its insured.
Case number: 09-C-306
Josiah Hoskins vs. Charles Cox II
PA- Jacob M. Robinson and David P. Robinson; J- Mazzone
*On entrance ramp D at intersection Interstate 470, defendant rear –ended plaintiff on Oct. 8, 2007. Serious injuries are claimed and believed permanent in nature.
Case number: 09-C-307
Maurice "Mark" Hickenbottom and Rebecca Hickenbottom vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc. dba Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack, John Doe Chair Manufacturer, John Doe Distributor and John Doe Construction Company
PA- Jacob M. Robinson and David P. Robinson; J- Gaughan
* While sitting at a video lottery machine, on Sept. 21, 2007, a chair broke in the vicinity of the showroom causing plaintiff to land 6 to 8 feet away on the ground. His wife claims loss of consortium for her husband's injuries believed permanent in nature. Compensatory judgment is demanded, jointly and severally.
Case number: 09-C-310
Ashley Nicole Ponsetti vs. Danielle Holskey
PA- James G. Bordas; J- Wilson
* On June 11, 2008, at the intersection of W.Va. 2 and 26th Street, defendant ran a red light and drove into plaintiff. Compensatory and general damages are sought.
Case number: 09-C-311
Ronald Charles and Diana Charles vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc. dba Wheeling Island Racetrack & Gaming Center and Wheeling Island Gaming Inc. dba Wheeling Downs Racetrack & Gaming Center
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Gaughan
* Plaintiff says she slipped on an unsafe walkway at the buffet line on Sept. 23, 2007. Injuries and damages are claimed for defendant's breach of duty to maintain, inspect, and control the "Island Room" flooring. Divers and sundry business and medical expenses have been suffered.
Case number: 09-C-312
Darlene B. Philips vs. Union Labor Life Insurance Company
PA- Scott S. Blass; J- Wilson
* An accidental death and dismemberment policy was sold to Perry Phillips, who died as a result of an auto accident on Feb. 11, 2006. A claim for benefits was presented to Union Labor life and, after substantial delay, denied. She secured counsel and the position was reserved. Damages are sought in connection with the handling of this claim which resulted in $40,000 for attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-313