A.A. Jet Inc vs. Life Ambulance Service Inc.
P.A. - David F. Nelson; J - Bailey
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for breach of contract in failing to pay rent and utilities, and abandoning the property the defendant owned on Kanawha Boulevard in Jefferson without notice. They are seeking judgment of $26,250 for unpaid rent, $5,000 for damages done to the property, $1,191.09 for one-half of unpaid real property tax, $725.47 for one-half unpaid property insurance and $500.56 for unpaid utilities plus court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1857
Paul Miller vs. the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Child Support Enforcement
P.A. - pro se; J - Bailey
* The plaintiff, a resident of Florida, is suing the defendant for continuing to collect child support payments that were already collected by the state of Florida. Along with an injunction asking that all collection efforts be halted, and restrictions on his passport and driver's license be lifted, he is seeking judgment for $1.5 million.
Case number: 09-C-1875
Angela D. Sullivan vs. Charleston Area Medical Center
P.A. - Mark Atkinson; J - Bailey
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for wrongful termination after she was fired on Sept. 25. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-1876
Corey Dale Thaxton vs. Waste Management of West Virginia Inc., Don's Resources Inc. d/b/a Don's Disposal Service, David Sisson, Gallagher Bassett Services Inc., Monika Connie Walker, and Heather C. Hulsey
P.A. - James A. Dodrill; J - Bloom
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for destruction of property after a garbage truck driven by Sisson, and owned by Don's, crushed a drainage pipe on Oct. 10, 2007. Don's insurance company committed fraud by using unlicensed adjusters from Missouri, Gallagher, Walker and Hulsey, in an attempt to get Thaxton to accept a low-ball estimate of the damages. He is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-1882
Christal Wright vs. Boston Culinary Group Inc. d/b/a Distinctive Gourmet and Todd Tinney
P.A. - Matthew S. Criswell; J - Kaufman
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for discrimination after they refused to allow her to return to work full-time in Dec. 2007, after being on maternity leave for two months. She is seeking unspecified damages, including front and back pay, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1883
Daniel R. Donnally vs. William Pauly Jr.
P.A. - pro se; J - Zakaib
* The plaintiff, a resident of Hugheston, is suing the defendant, owner of The Little Brown Bottle Bar in Shrewsbury, for injuries he sustained on Aug. 26, after he was attacked by the defendant, and three other unknown assailants. He is seeking $500,000 in damages.
Case number: 09-C-1884
S. S. Logan Packing Company vs. Cal Corporation Inc. d/b/a Tom's Supervalue and Calvin J. Canterbury
P. A. - Joseph M. Farrell Jr.; J - King
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for meat products sold in 2009, but only partially paid with checks that were returned for non-sufficient funds. They are seeking judgment for $12,945.03 - the total outstanding bill - plus $50,000 in punitive damages plus court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1890
Harrell Memorial Nursing Home Inc. vs. Alder F. Castanoli Jr. and Katheryne M. Smith
P.A. - Thomas H. Vanderford IV; J - Zakaib
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for breach of contract for failing to pay for services rendered from Jan. 7 to Sept. 1. They are seeking judgment for $34,635.40 plus court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1891
Thomas Brandon Casto vs. Catalyst Refiners Inc
P.A. - Robert H. Miller II; J - Kaufman
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on Oct. 9, 2007, following an explosion at the defendant's facility in Nitro. He is seeking unspecified damages and court costs.
Case number: 09-C-1896
Anthony Totton vs. Elisha M. Totton
P. A. - pro se; J - Berger
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for slander after she filed a domestic violence protective order that contained erroneous information, but has impacted his ability to get employment and renew his concealed weapons permit despite the family law judge dismissing the order on June 28. He is seeking judgment for $5,000 plus expungement of the order.
Case number: 09-C-1897
Ruth Ann Bowe; The American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO, Judy Hale, president and the West Virginia School Service Personnel Association Inc., Bob Brown, executive director vs. The West Virginia Public Employees Insurance Agency and the Public Employees Insurance Agency Finance Board
P. A. - Robert M. Bastress Jr. and Jeffrey G. Blaydes; J - Berger
* The plaintiffs, a Fayette County school teacher, and two public school employees unions, are suing the defendants to stop implementation of a new policy that would take effect next year denying retirement benefits to newly hired public employees since the defendants did not conduct public hearings on the proposed changes in accordance with the state open meetings law. Along with court costs and attorney fees, they are seeking a court order declaring the meetings improperly conducted.
Case number: 09-C-1904