Lisa Anthony vs. James Wesley Pauley
PA - Dale Buck; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendant accepted a $50,000 check from the plaintiff for the purchase of about 6 acres on Sept. 2, 2009, but the defendant has not delivered a deed or title to the plaintiff. Anthony claims the defendant made fraudulent statements in regard to the sale, and the plaintiff is seeking $50,000 and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-807
Paul D. Weachter vs. Bertha M. Brown
PA - Andrew Frye; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims Brown has defaulted on the terms of a promissory note from Jan. 28, 2006, and now owes at least $150,000.
Case number: 09-C-814
Dan Ryan Builders vs. Jennifer Barcinas-Miller
PA - Daniel Booth; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims Barcinas-Miller was an independent contractor working on behalf of the company who received an advance for potential commission earnings in 2006. The plaintiff claims the amount of the advance exceeded the amount of the defendant's actual commissions, and the defendant owes at least $26,997.80 plus interest.
Case number: 09-C-815
Shannon Beard vs. Giant Food Stores LLC d/b/a Martin's Food Market
PA - Barry Beck; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims she was struck in the head by a light fixture that fell on top of her on June 5, 2008, while she was shopping in the defendant's grocery store in Martinsburg. She claims the defendant's negligence caused her serious injuries, pain and suffering, and she is seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 09-C-818
Citibank South Dakota NA vs. Lisa A. Reid
PA - Robert Stennett; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Reid owes at least $32,897.73 plus interest in accordance with a past-due account.
Case number: 09-C-819