George Yates and Rose Yates vs. Seth Woolard
PA- Joseph J. John; J- Recht
* On Nov. 14, 2008, defendant's tendered a down payment of $10,000, to the plaintiffs, which money was placed in the plaintiff's attorneys' trust account to be held until closing. The agreed purchase price for the Main Street real property was $478,000. The Court is asked to return the entire earnest money deposit together with fees and costs.
Case number: 09-C-336
Louis R. Randolph and Candice A. Randolph vs. United Bank Inc., United Brokerage Services Inc., United Bankshares Inc., Dwight Pittenger, individually, and Wachovia Securities Inc.
PA- David A. Jividen; J- Recht
* Plaintiffs claim United breached its fiduciary relationship when it informed plaintiffs it would act in accordance with their direction to sell stock, but failed to place the stock order. United had a fiduciary duty and responsibility to safely keep the plaintiffs' property and make sales and exchanges of securities. Judgment is demanded, jointly and severally, to adequately compensate the plaintiffs for economic loss experienced.
Case number: 09-C-337
Hill Phoenix Inc. vs. Ohio County Development Authority
PA- Shawn R. Romano; J- Recht
* Defendant materially breached and defaulted upon the contract by refusing to make payments owing Hill Phoenix in the amount of $39,686.05. An award to compensate Plaintiff a reasonable value of all materials provided is demanded.
Case number: 09-C-339
Thomas Twain Faulkner vs. Columbia Gas Transmission LLC (formerly Columbia Gas Transmission Corporation) and NiSource Corporate Services Company and NiSource Inc.
PA- Timothy F. Cogan; Patrick S. Cassidy; J- Recht
* Faulkner worked in excess of 20 years when he was informed Defendant did not have a position for him in the re-organization of his employer. He was offered an involuntary severance package called a "letter of agreement" which resulted in a contract between them. He seeks damages resulting from this breached agreement.
Case number: 09-C-340
Mary C. Meeker vs. Breana L. Mason
PA- Christopher M. Turak; J- Wilson
* On Oct. 15, 2008, plaintiff, along with her roommate, Aleigha Hissam, left their dormitory at West Liberty and walked across the campus where Aleigha Hissam encountered friends. Plaintiff proceeded to a nearby bench and waited for her friend. She was approached and confronted by Plaintiff in an insulting and provoking nature. Compensatory judgment is sought for expenses incurred relating to the disruption of her education.
Case number: 09-C-341
George T. Sidiropolis vs. Dean Minor individually and d/b/a Miner Kennel
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Gaughan
* Sidiropolis claims Minor publicly and privately disclosed false information accusing him of attempting to extort bribes from West Virginia greyhound breeders who desired to secure booking contracts from West Virginia Racetracks. On Oct. 9, 2008, these malicious attacks were published on Jack Swint's internet news blog. Punitive and exemplary damages are demanded.
Case number: 09-C-342
Christopher Means vs. Ohio County Board of Education and Gerald Ames
PA- Harry F. Bell, Robert L. Lambert; J- Gaughan
* Defendant Ames allegedly sexually harassed Plaintiff, for several years, by making homosexual advances toward him. Along with unwelcomed and demeaning advances, Ames made frequent sexually charged comments. Compensatory and punitive damages are requested against this intentional and reckless conduct.
Case number: 09-C-343
Lily's LLC vs. Motorists Mutual Insurance Company, and Donald T. Wild Insurance, and James Arritt
PA- Stephen Vogrin; Joseph J. John; J- Gaughan
* Defendants had a fiduciary duty to procure the necessary coverage to protect Lily's business as they were aware of the potential employee risks. A former employee alleges retaliatory termination in Civil Action 08-C-56, Loews vs. Lily's. Plaintiff relied, to it detriment, upon the acts of the defendant to protect its businesses. Compensatory and punitive damages are demanded.
Case number: 09-C-345