Kelly Koral vs. Loyal Order of Owls Nest Lodge No. 2558
PA- Samuel H. Simon; J- Gaughan
* While patroning a bar, the lights went out without warning, when Koral was in the women's restroom. An employee came in with a candle to assist her and she discovered the entire facility was without lightening. She lost her footing and slipped and fell. The injuries sustained were the direct and proximate result of the negligence of the owner. Plaintiff sustained a fracture of her left ankle requiring treatment. Judgment is sought exceeding $50,000.
Case number: 09-C-349
Brickstreet Mutual Insurance Company vs. Environmental Protection Services Inc., Keith Reed, Scott Reed, and Robert Ward III
PA- Clinton W. Smith; J- Gaughan
* Premiums of $31,455 are owed to date for insurance provided. Plaintiff seek this amount along with pre- and –post judgment interest and costs.
Case number: 09-C-350
Laurie Lynn DeAngelo vs. Cabela's Wholesale Inc.
PA- Michael E. Metro; J- Wilson
* On and prior to Dec. 3, 2007, hazardous conditions existed from ice accumulation on the surface of the parking lot. Plaintiff permanently injured herself when she violently fell to the ground. Compensatory and general damages are demanded by a jury.
Case number: 09-C-351
Dianna M. Koish vs. Thomas L. Gompers
PA- Rodney T. Berry; J- Wilson
* On Nov. 6, 2007, the plaintiff fell while descending the basement stairs of said rental property. This fall was a direct and proximate result of negligent, careless, and improper maintenance and upkeep of the rental property. Judgment is sought to sufficiently compensate her injuries.
Case number: 09-C-352
Adrienne Tomer, as next friend and natural parent of Elizabeth Tomer, a minor vs. Scott Hand
PA- David A. Jividen; J- Wilson
* On Apr. 21, 2007, the minor plaintiff was playing at her friend's house and walking on Whitmar Hills Road, when a Weimaraner dog, owned by Hand, viciously attacked and bit the minor. Tomer sustained lacerations to her face, mouth, nose and lip, causing substantial blood loss and painful injury. The unrestrained dog was permitted to run free in the neighborhood. Adequate compensation is demanded.
Case number: 09-C-353
H. John Rogers vs. Mike Vankirk, who is sued in his capacity as the Chief of Police of the City of Wheeling, West Virginia, and The City of Wheeling, a municipal corporation
PA- H. John Rogers; J- Mazzone
* Plaintiff made requests for copies of all documents pertaining to the 1964 criminal assault upon the late Paul Hankish. The most recent request, directed to the defendant Vankirk, was denied in a letter dated Oct. 6, 2009. Denial, in part, is said the requested records were in the possession of the U.S. Attorney as part of its prosecution in U.S. vs. Hankish. The refusal of the defendant to provide the plaintiff with the requested information was unlawful, arbitrary, and capricious, and deserving of the Court's punishment by the award of punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-356
Andrew J. Varner, III and Janine Varner, individually, and as parents and natural guardians of Andrew J. Varner, IV, an infant vs. Ryan Behrens and Michael Behrens
PA- David A. Jividen; J- Gaughan
* On Nov. 29, 2008, an incident occurred where Ryan Behrens discharged a firearm, the projectile from which struck Andrew Varner, in his body, proximately causing him severe injuries and damages. This actionable fault created financial burdens. An injunction prohibiting all insurers from disseminating information obtained during the course of this litigation is sought.
Case number: 09-C-357
Jesse Barrera and Rose Ann Johnson vs. John Doe
PA- David P. Robinson; Jacob M. Robinson; J- Wilson
* When the true name of defendant has been ascertained, plaintiffs will seek leave to amend this complaint. On Oct. 25, 2007, plaintiff Johnson was operating Stephen Thompson's Lumina, on Chapel Hill Road, near Route 40. Defendant was driving a black Excursion, in the northbound lane, at a high rate of speed, down the middle of the roadway. This collision caused Johnson to leave the roadway, strike an embankment, roll over and eventually come to rest on its roof, causing serious permanent injuries and damages.
Case number: 09-C-361
Robin L. Mitcham and Richard E. Mitcham vs. John W. Williams
PA- Christopher M. Turak; J- Mazzone
* Robin Mitcham was traveling in a southerly direction on Route 88, on Feb. 9, 2009, when she stopped to prepare to make a left- hand turn and was struck from behind. As a direct and proximate result of the collision, she sustained personal injuries, some of which may be permanent in nature. Fair compensatory damages are requested.
Case number: 09-C-365
Minter Shrader Jr. and Patricia Shrader, his wife vs. Ann Varner
PA- David P. Robinson; J- Recht
* On Oct. 29, 2007, in the Progressive Bank parking lot off of National Road, Varner violently struck Shrader who was a pedestrian within the parking lot, pinned him up against his vehicle, causing him to be knocked down to the surface of the parking lot and sustaining serious permanent injuries. As a further direct and proximate result of this negligence, he has been caused to incur divers and sundry expenses for hospital and medical care as yet undetermined.
Case number: 09-C-369