Robert L. Easley, III, an incompetent who sues by Janice A. Hawkins, Natural Parent and Next Friend of Robert L. Easley, III vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc.
PA- James A. Villanova; J- Wilson
*Plaintiff suffered serious and permanent injuries from an incident, on Dec. 21, 2007, and is seeking recovery from the defendant. Easley claims he was ambulating in an altogether reasonable and prudent manner when he was caused to fall to the ground in the men's restroom. Compensatory damages for past, present, and future medical and life care expenses are sought.
Case number: 09-C-370
Elizabeth K. Constantin and Thomas E. Constantin vs. Stephanie Ann Fogle and Universal Underwriters Insurance Company
PA- Robert P. Fitzsimmons; Brent E. Wear; J-Gaughan
* On May 19, 2008, Elizabeth Constantin was traveling in an easterly direction on GC&P Road, at the intersection of Route 88, when defendant attempted a left-hand turn and collided with plaintiff's vehicle. She was injured and has incurred divers and sundry medical expenses in the amount of $19,622.44. Universal was placed on notice of a claim for underinsured motorist coverage as a result of said collision. This litigation seeks to recover fair and equitable damages.
Case number: 09-C-372
Olde Wheeling Associates LLC vs. Gail L. Lee and J and G Realty Company
PA- R. Dean Hartley; J- Gaughan
* On Sept. 2, 2009, parties entered into a written agreement of the subject property on Main Street. Demand is made for required specific performance and damages in the sum of $10,000.
Case number: 09-C-373
Barbara O'Brien vs. Quicken Loans Inc., Title Source, Inc. d/b/a Title Source Inc. of West Virginia, Appraisals Unlimited, Incorporated, Dewey V. Guida and John Doe Note Holder
PA- James G. Bordas, Jr.; Jason E. Causey; J- Recht
* On Nov. 15, 2007, plaintiff executed a promissory note in the sum of $175,050, with an "interest only" feature; secured by a deed of trust. Quicken represented to plaintiff that by paying points, the interest rate that she had qualified for was being reduced at a buy down rate. The plaintiff relied upon the representations of defendant which played a substantial part in inducing the plaintiff to enter into the agreement.
Case number: 09-C-376
Melanie Carr, and Howard Carr vs. CSC Industrial Corporation and Green Technical Services, Inc. and John Doe
PA- David C. White; J- Mazzone
* On Oct. 30, 2007, the plaintiff, an employee of Lowe's, was assisting another employee with the needs of a customer. The machine involuntarily engaged and crushed the left hand of the plaintiff as he was trying to dislodge a pipe. Green failed to service, inspect, and discover the defect in the pipe threading machine and warn plaintiff of the dangerous condition. Compensatory and punitive damages are demanded to adequately compensate the injuries suffered.
Case number: 09-C-377
Laramie Neal, Sr., Tanya Neal and Laramie Neal, Jr. vs. Glenn Casteel
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; David P. Robinson; J- Wilson
* At the intersection of Main and 10th Street, on Oct. 31, 2007, defendant negligently collided with the vehicle operated by Laramine Neal, Jr. with Laramine Neal, Sr. as a passenger. Divers and sundry expenses for medical care are claimed. Plaintiff Neal, Jr. demands compensatory judgment.
Case number: 09-C-380