CHARLESTON -- Kay Casto & Chaney has announced that Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession, has named William W. Booker as the "Charleston, WV Best Lawyers Banking Lawyer of the Year" for 2010.
Steven Naifeh, Managing Editor of Best Lawyers, says, "We continue to believe -– as we have believed for more than 25 years -– that recognition by one's peers is the most meaningful form of praise in the legal profession. We would like to congratulate William W. Booker on being selected as the 'Charleston, WV Best Lawyers Banking Lawyer of the Year' for 2010."
Below are the attorneys from Kay Casto & Chaney who made The Best Lawyers in America (2010) list:
* William W. Booker, Banking Law, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
* Richard E. Boyle Jr., Gaming Law and Tax Law
* Michael T. Chaney, Corporate Law
* Barney W. Frazier Jr., Workers' Compensation Law
* John R. Hoblitzell, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Insurance Law and Personal Injury Litigation
* Craig M. Kay, Tax Law and Trusts and Estates
* John R. McGhee Jr., Insurance Law
* Jonathan Nicol, Real Estate Law
* Stephen A. Weber, Labor and Employment Law
* Debra A. Bowers, Family Law
* Debra H. Scudiere, Alternative Dispute Resolution
After more than a quarter of a century in publication, Best Lawyers is designating "Lawyers of the Year" in high-profile legal specialties in large legal communities. Only a single lawyer in each specialty in each community is being honored as the "Lawyer of the Year."
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 16th edition of The Best Lawyers in America (2010), is based on more than 2.8 million detailed evaluations of lawyers by other lawyers.
The lawyers being honored as "Lawyers of the Year" have received particularly high ratings in our surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.