Citibank South Dakota N.Z. vs. Angela Goddard
PA- Robert E. Stenett, Steven B. Mulrooney; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Kansas City-based bank seeks a contract debt of $25,145, plus interest, from the Branchland defendant. Goddard responded Nov. 5 that she gave power of attorney to an agency, Credit Solutions, to settle her debt.
Case number: 09-C-118
Thomas S. Clark vs. Ronnie A. Clark
PA- Ronald G. Salmons; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Thomas Clark petitions for a Temporary Restraining Order, Permanent Injunctive Relief and Declaratory Judgment against his uncle for interfering with his right to visit and maintain the "Clark Cemetery" on the waters of Flat Creek. Ronnie Clark inherited property surrounding the cemetery, but his nephew says on, or about Sept. 9 he was "harassed, intimidated and threatened...with a hand gun" when attempting to visit the cemetery. The complaint cites State law that family members, close friends and descendants of deceased persons be allowed access to graves.
Case number: 09-C-119
Estate of Beatrice Adkins by Gloria Jean Tomblin, Executrix/Administratrix, and Gloria J. Tomblin, individually as an heir vs. Danny C. Adkins, Robin K. Adkins
PA- David L. Hill; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Complaint seeks Declaratory Judgment to determine rightful owner of some five acres of property near Ranger involved in Beatrice Adkins' will that is pending in Court.
Case number: 09-C-121
Donna K. Cooper vs. Boone County Ambulance Authority, John/Jane Doe, individually and as employees
PA- Drew S. Woods; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Coopers, as a couple, seek personal injury jury awards of compensatory damages, pre- and post-judgment interest, attorney's fees and costs resulting from a March 2008 vehicle accident. The Alkol woman says Ambulance Number 22 caused her to be forced off Left Fork Road and strike an adjacent ditch.
Case number: 09-C-122
Jack T. Saunders vs. James K. Saunders, et al.
PA- Boyce Griffith; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Saunders wants 14 acres of property near Monaville, W.Va., partitioned in kind, or by sale. The property is in the name of James K. Saunders, deceased, through a longtime deed recorded in Lincoln County. Among surviving children was the deceased Jack T. Saunders Sr., father of the Petitioner. The living J.T. Saunders "does now allege that he is a co-owner of said property..." A number of J.K. Saunders' survivors are deceased or cannot be located.
Case number: 09-C-125
Michelle Adkins, next friend and parent of Richard Adkins Jr., and Michelle and Richard Adkins Sr., individually vs. Lincoln County Board of Education
PA- Paul E. Biser; J- Jay M. Hoke
* Adkins' personal injury suit faults the School Board for their 7-year-old son's injuries last May on the playground at Harts Primary School. During recess, the Complaint says Richard Jr. was standing on top of a slide when another student pushed him and he slid down head first. Attempting to stop himself, the Adkins' say, the boy fractured his arm, dislocated his elbow and landed off the end of the slide where there was no proper ground cover. Charging the School Board was "negligent, careless and reckless," they seek jury determination of adequate compensation, plus interest and costs.
Case number: 09-C-130