David Stephens, administrator of the estate of Cybil L. Stephens, deceased vs. Timothy Ellison and Ellison Dozer Services
PA - Gerald M. Titus; J - Evans
* The plaintiff, an Andover, Mass. resident, is suing the defendants, an Elizabeth resident and his business, for wrongful death following a car wreck between Ellison, and a vehicle in which Cybil Stephens, then 90-years-old, was a passenger, on Oct. 25, 2007. He is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-120
James R. Connor and John R. Connor, co-executors of the estate of Melvin J. Connor vs. the Jackson County Commission on Aging
PA- Charles R. Bailey; J - Evans
* The plaintiffs are petitioning the court to divide a $350,000 wrongful death settlement between themselves, and two other beneficiaries at $87,700 each minus a Medicaid lien. Melvin Connor died on Dec. 7, 2007, after tripping over a cord at the Ravenswood Senior Center four days earlier.
Case number: 09-C-128
Quality Car and Truck Leasing Inc vs. Keith and Jacob Adkins
PA - Gregory A. Stout; J - Evans
* The plaintiff, a Portsmouth, Ohio business, is suing the defendants for breach of installment sale contract entered on Jan. 12 to purchase miscellaneous equipment totaling $391,595.60. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $139,883.36 plus pre-judgment interest starting on July 23, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-130
Roger Prichard vs. Pit-n-Git d/b/a Scottish Inns
PA - Kevin C. Harris; J - Evans
* The plaintiff, a Sandyville resident, is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on Nov. 1, 2007, after falling in a large hole on the defendant's parking lot. He is seeking unspecified damages and interest.
Case number: 09-C-131
Louis W. and Carla S. Godsey, individually, and d/b/a South Rocky Mountain Horse Farm vs. Ray Yoder, individually, and d/b/a Custom Building Ltd. And Sonny Harper, individually, and an agent of Custom Buildings Ltd.
PA - Kevin L. Carr; J - Evans
* The plaintiffs, residents and business owners in Liberty, are suing the defendants, a resident/business owner in Dundee, Ohio, and a resident of Ripley, respectfully, for failing to build an Amish-quality barn to the plaintiff's specifications and expectations by the end of Dec. 2007. They are seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-133
Loman R. Garrett vs. Jeffrey Garrett
PA - Shannon L. Baldwin; J - Evans
* The plaintiff, a Ravenswood resident, is suing the defendant, his son, and a Liverpool resident, for fraudulently inducing him to co-sign a March 2, 2007, promissory note for $28,000, as part of deal for the defendant to deed property back to the plaintiff. The defendant, who claimed money was used for his business, actually received a $60,075 to pay debts, and, in January, defaulted on the loan in which the property was used as collateral. He is seeking unspecified damages, court costs, fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-138
THIS JUST IN: Jackson County
Want to get notified whenever we write about ?
Sign-up Next time we write about , we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.