David Covert vs. Schwan's Food Service Inc.
PA - Scott Kaminski; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for retaliatory discharge after he was fired on Nov. 24, 2008, for filing a workers compensation claim form an on-the-job injury sustained four days earlier. He is seeking unspecified damages, including lost wages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-565
Bradley Law Office PLLC vs. Alva J. Watson
PA - James A. Bradley; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for unpaid legal services rendered in three civil suits - 06-C-472, -594, and -621 - in Wood Circuit Court. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $7,404.84 plus interest and court costs.
Case number: 09-C-568
Bradley Law Office PLLC vs. Clarence E. Toler
PA - James A. Bradley; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for unpaid legal services rendered in a divorce - 06-C-70 - in Wirt Family Court. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $2,394.59.
Case number: 09-C-569
Sandra P. Rollyson vs. Kalapala Seshagiru Rao, M.D. and Punnamma Memorial Rehabilitation Clinic
PA - Keith White; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for release of her medical records regarding treatment the defendants provided her following injuries she sustained on Oct. 17, 2004, at Blennerhassett Junior High School. In addition to an order releasing the records, she is seeking court costs.
Case number: 09-C-570
Beneficial of West Virginia Inc vs. Kelley and Jeffrey Ray
PA - Jennifer M. Palonis; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for defaulting on a $33,982.88 loan given to defendants on March 21, 2005. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the outstanding balance - $40,787.31 - plus 13.5 percent interest from Nov. 12.
Case number: 09-C-572
Craig Anthony Nelson vs. T.A. Davis and the City of Parkersburg
PA - Joseph W. McFarland; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants for physical and emotional injuries he sustained on Nov. 16, 2008, after he received bruises to his head, and broken ribs in the course of being arrested by Davis for public intoxication, and later watched as Davis, without provocation, shot and killed his dog. He is seeking unspecified damages.
Case number: 09-C-576
Rick Modesitt and Associates vs. Dean Fuller d/b/a Lighthouse Advertising
PA - Richard Hayhurst; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for failing to render payment on an open account. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $30,700.53, court costs and 7 percent interest starting Nov. 17.
Case number: 09-C-579
Timothy Paul Lyons vs. the Wood County Commission
PA - pro se; J - Beane
* The plaintiff, a Columbus, Ohio resident, is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on Dec. 4, 2008, after being battered for unspecified reasons by an unidentified corrections officer. He is seeking unspecified damages.
Case number: 09-C-599