American Express Bank FSB vs. Eric B. Martin
PA - James Atkins; J - Wilkes
* The bank claims Martin owes at least $25,780.33 plus interest on a past-due account.
Case number: 09-C-915
Marla Marie Cato vs. Berkeley County Clerk's Office
PA - Pro se; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the county clerk of Berkeley County refused to change Cato's marriage license to reflect a name change. The plaintiff is seeking that the court compel the defendant to amend the marriage license with the proper legal name.
Case number: 09-C-918
Erie Insurance Group, as subrogee to SHRI Adinath Management LLC d/b/a Super 8 Motel, vs. Mid Atlantic Fire LLC
PA - Christopher Prezioso; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the fire protection system that was installed and maintained by the defendant malfunctioned on Nov. 9, 2007, and caused severe water damage to Super 8ás Martinsburg hotel. The plaintiff is seeking at least $86,600.92.
Case number: 09-C-927
Wilma Hess vs. First United Bank and Trust
PA - Lawrence Schultz; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the bank breached its fiduciary duty to her after a bank employee, Larry McSherry, stole $50,000 from Hess instead of setting up a long-term investment account for her in December 2004. She claims the bank never informed her that her money was stolen and repeatedly refused to return her funds with interest, even after she proved that the bank cashed her $50,000 check. She is seeking an amount to be determined.
Case number: 09-C-930
Donald Dirting vs. Douglas Dirting and Vicki Dirting
PA - Susan Snowden; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendants have defaulted on the terms of a promissory note from May 25, 1994, and now owe at least $54,000 plus $4,860 in interest.
Case number: 09-C-937