Jeff L. Miller and Cathy A. Miller vs. Beneficial West Virginia Inc., et al.
PA- David A. Jividen; Chad D. Haught; J- Gaughan
* It is said Beneficial engaged in illegal foreclosure proceedings by failing to give notice to plaintiffs and provide an opportunity to cure default on the property located at Springer Addition. Plaintiffs suffered economic loss as a direct and proximate result of defendant's malicious prosecution. Punitive and general damages are sought.
Case number: 09-C-435
Charles Works vs. FA Management Inc.
PA- Ronald Wm Kasserman; J- Recht
* On Jun. 17, 2008, Plaintiff was working for Sparchane Enterprises Inc. at the McClure City Center Hotel. His work required him to use a loading dock that was temporary made of plastic milk crates running between the back of McClure and Chapline Street. While traveling on these constructed steps, they shifted and he fell. Compensatory and punitive damages are requested.
Case number: 09-C-436
Carrie O'Bryan and Christopher O'Bryan vs. Maureen H. McKenna
PA- David P. Robinson; J- Recht
* On Dec. 21, 2007, while traveling as a passenger of Nancy Jean Kleeh, at the Interstate 70 East intersection on National Road, a rear-end collision occurred. Failure to yield right of way is claimed as a direct and proximate result of the injuries suffered to her neck and body. Judgment is demanded for compensation.
Case number: 09-C-437
Budget Interiors Inc. and Randall Dlesk vs. Renee Rennick
PA- Teresa C. Toriseva; J- Wilson
* Plaintiffs and defendant had an understanding that the monies expended were to assist with the purchase and establish her new home on Byrd Avenue. A balance is claimed owing of $4,813 and judgment is sought against wrongful conduct.
Case number: 09-C-438
Catherine Smith vs. Wheeling Jesuit University Inc. and John Davitt McAteer
PA- William A. Kolibash; J- Wilson
* Plaintiff was employed for approximately 15 years for defendant, with her last official position being a Manager of Finance for Sponsored Programs. She discovered that federal grant funds were being misused and reported same to her supervisor. This misuse was reported to NASA who found irregularities after an investigation. A hostile work environment is claimed for using an employee complaint "as opportunity to rid itself of a whistle blower." Judgment for all damages is demanded by jury trial.
Case number: 09-C-439
Jerome Melvin Ross and Lona Ross vs. Frank A. Savarese
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Recht
*On Dec. 28, 2007, on Interstate 70 Westbound, a rear-end collision occurred. The impact was severe causing Ross' vehicle to be pushed into a motor vehicle owned by Burns and Church that was stopped in front of him. This impact caused serious damages to his head and neck and judgment is demanded.
Case number: 09-C-440
George E. Franco and Bonnie Kirk vs. Frederick S. Marco and Rebecca J. Marco
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Recht
* A rear–end collision occurred on Dec. 26, 2007, when Franco's vehicle was pushed into a stopped vehicle in front of him operated by Paul D. Mastre. The impact caused serious injury to plaintiffs in which Kirk was a passenger. Defendant is alleged reckless in the operation of his motor vehicle by following too closely.
Case number: 09-C-441
Shawnda Burgess vs. Albert Nissan LLC, et. al.
PA- Gerald E. Lofstead III; J- Recht
* Plaintiff left the dealership, on Dec. 13, 2008, in possession of a vehicle without any of the financing paperwork. Because defendants did not provide copies of the sales document, while Burgess was in the dealership, she accepted the Altima without discovering the purchase price in the contract. Deliberate failure to accurately explain the total cost of the vehicle she believed she was purchasing, for $20,000 not $32,000, has resulted in damages suffered.
Case number: 09-C-442
Donald T. Gerrero vs. Robert Bruno
PA- Paul C. Camilletti; J- Mazzone
* A lease was executed on July 31, 2009. Lessee made four monthly payments and then moved out. Judgment is demanded in the amount of $12,200.
Case number: 09-C-443
Laura Berry vs. Shawn J. Hupp and Roy C. Berry
PA- Albert E. Davies; J- Gaughan
* Laura Berry was a passenger in the truck operated by Roy Berry on Dec. 30, 2007, traveling near the intersection of W.Va. 2 and Interstate 470 exit ramp. Hupp is said to have improperly entered the intersection failing to stop at a red light negligently causing a collision. This incident resulted injuries to plaintiff who demands a compensatory judgment.
Case number: 09-C-444
Dale Parsons vs. Benjamin Young
PA- Pro Se; J- Wilson
* Young, in his capacity as a Wheeling Police officer, is said to have harassed Parsons when he was charged with stolen plates, registration, and an inspection sticker. Parsons says he was not in possession of a vehicle and suffered embarrassment.
Case number: 09-C-445
David E. Waitts vs. Julian Carl Ramirez and Gateway Telecom LLC
PA- Gail W. Kahle; J- Wilson
* Waitts was stopped on the Suspension Bridge when he was rear-ended on Jan. 1, 2008. Defendant was cited and plead guilty for driving under the influence of alcohol with a minor in the vehicle. Judgment is sought for the injuries suffered.
Case number: 09-C-446
Thomas McK. Hazlett vs. Marlin J. Harper
PA- Thomas McK. Hazlett; J- Gaughan
* Defendant loaded a moving truck on Nov. 30, 2009, and departed with such files and furnishings as he wanted. Martin is said owing an appropriate amount of partnership expenses and his unpaid share of office overhead estimated in excess of $60,000, from 2003 to date. Judgment is demanded in an amount consistent with this seven claims in the complaint.
Case number: 09-C-447