HUNTINGTON -- Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company and Palace Properties are suing 84 Lumber Company after a building caught fire.
On Jan. 4, 2008, property on Collis Avenue that was owned by Palace Properties caught fire, according to a complaint filed Dec. 28 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Palace Properties paid 84 Lumbar to install insulation in the building, which took several days, according to the suit.
Palace Properties claims prior to the fire, at least one 84 Lumbar employee smoked cigarettes while installing the insulation in the attic.
The fire caused approximately $250,000 of damage to the building, which Erie Insurance paid to Palace Properties, according to the suit.
The plaintiffs are seeking compensatory damages in the amount of $249,738.41. They are being represented by Teresa A. Kleeh, Peter Raupp and Chad Lovejoy.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 09-C-1018