Richard K. Emmerth and Karen A. Emmerth vs. Linda J. Gretchen
PA- Ronald M. Musser; J- Gaughan
* On Feb. 23, 2008, Wheeling Police arrived on the scene of a collision at East Cove Avenue and Route 88. The investigation conducted revealed that defendant did not have the right of way. Plaintiff Richard Emmerth is certain to incur future medical expenses and suffering for his injuries. A compensatory judgment is demanded by trial.
Case number: 10-C-58
Agnes Hogan vs. Wheeling Island Gaming Inc., d/b/a Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Gaughan
* Plaintiff traveled through the lobby of the old video machine area where she tripped and fell on a defected floor. This Feb. 23, 2008, incident is claimed due to defendant's negligent repairs and maintenance of the aforesaid lobby. Injuries are believed to lasting in nature and compensatory damages are sought.
Case number: 10-C-61
Craig Parker and Cassandra Parker vs. CitiFinancial Inc. and Resurgent Capital Services L.P., Sherman Financial Group LLC and Experienced Title Inc.
PA- Thomas E. McIntre; J-Wilson
* On Sept. 7, 2006, plaintiffs purchased property from Jerry and Laura Fonner and paid $554.00 for a title examination. By not releasing the Deed of Trust when the debt was satisfied, Defendant's intentional refusal to release the published Deed of Trust was malicious with the intent to injure. A cloud exists on their Title as s a result of this conduct.
Case number: 10-C-62
Jeffrey S. Griffith vs. GE Money Bank and NCO Financial Systems Inc., a subsidiary of NCO Group Inc.
PA- Thomas E. McIntre; J-Recht
* On Sept. 22, 2008, plaintiff's attorney sent correspondence to GE Money requesting validation of debt; advising them to cease calls and correspondence. Daily numerous telephone calls ensued and at no time did defendant engage in communication with plaintiff's attorney. These outrageous collection attempts entitle plaintiff an award of punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-63
Gilbert Rex Robinson vs. Edward Phillips Polack, M.D.; Plastic Inc.; Wheeling Hospital Inc.; Medical Park Anesthesiologists Inc., et. al.
PA- C. Richard Wilson; J- Gaughan
* On Sept. 24, 2007, a facial cyst was removed from plaintiff's face. Polack deviated from the standard of care when he used a mono-polar cautery while oxygen was being administered. The cautery ignited the oxygen which resulted in second degree burns to Robinson's face. A jury trial is demanded.
Case number: 10-C-64
ScF Inc. vs. CFM Development Corporation
PA- Robert P. Fitzsimmons; J- Wilson
* A judgment against CFM Development for $25,000 is requested, along with additional accrued rent, for the property located at Second Street, Moundsville.
Case number: 10-C-65