Safeco Insurance Co. of America, individually and for Lorie Steward and John R. Steward III, vs. Always on the Level Corp. and Shepherd's General Contracting LLC
PA - Tracey Eberling; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendants were negligent and failed to properly replace and identify all the knob and tube wiring in the Stewards' home during an inspection in April 2004, and a home fire later resulted from that negligence. The plaintiffs are seeking at least $342,707.59 plus interest.
Case number: 10-C-175
Manufacturers & Traders Trust Co. vs. John Campbell, aka John L. Campbell and John C. Campbell
PA - Pro se; J - Groh
* The plaintiff was awarded a judgment for $58,254.54 on Sept. 12, 2008, in the New York State Supreme Court in Erie County, and the foreign judgment has been entered in Berkeley County Circuit Court.
Case number: 10-C-182
Winchester Medical Center Inc. vs. Carol M. McDaniel
PA - Christopher McCarthy; J - Groh
* The hospital claims McDaniel owes at least $51,481.95 plus $1,846.29 in interest for medical services and supplies provided to her in 2009.
Case number: 10-C-185
Ricky Miller and Sue Ellen Siler vs. American General Home Equity Inc.
PA - Andrew Skinner; J - Groh
* The plaintiffs claim they were repeatedly harassed by the defendant, after its employees used profanity and obscene language multiple times during phone conversations after the plaintiffs fell behind on loan payments when Ricky Miller nearly died from car accident injuries. They are seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 10-C-188
Branch Banking & Trust Co. vs. Stacey Grimes
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $34,681.16 plus interest in accordance with a loan agreement from May 19, 2006.
Case number: 10-C-192
James H. Henick vs. Fast-Track Anesthesia Associates LLC, Jessica Palumbo-Peretin and Denise Holida
PA - P. Todd Phillips; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff is seeking at least $754,500 and other relief after he claims the defendants acted fraudulently and violated the terms of his employment contract as a physician.
Case number: 10-C-193
CitiMortgage Inc. vs. Theresa Ritter
PA - E. Taylor George; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $126,929.77 plus interest in accordance with a home equity loan agreement from March 3, 2006.
Case number: 10-C-195
George Van Wagner vs. Branch Bank & Trust Co., William Hallam, David Pill, the law firm of Pill & Pill, Security Title Insurance Co., the estate of the late James D. Steptoe and Atlas Tri State SPE LLC
PA - Pro se; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims his real estate assets through Vanwood LLC sustained monetary damages as a result of fraudulent and negligent conduct by the defendants, as well as "conspiracy to defraud in wrongful foreclosures." He is seeking damages of $1 million each from the defendants, as well as other relief.
Case number: 10-C-200