This Just In
Wood County Commission vs. Odie Lee Weaver and Citi Financial
PA- R. Vance Golden III; J- Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants to recover costs it incurred in demolishing a home in Belleville the defendant's owned. They seek judgment in the amount of $7,900 plus court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-129
William C. Barr vs. Parkersburg Bedding, LLC and Schottenstein Stores Corp.
PA- Walt Auvil; J- Beane
* The plaintiff, a Walker resident, is suing the defendants for violation of the state Wage Payment and Collection Act in failing to respond to his repeated requests to cease withdrawing $72 a week from his paycheck. He seeks reimbursement of the $400 already taken plus court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-130
Ronald De May vs. Connie Davis and Dewayne Heckman
PA- pro se; J- Reed
* The plaintiff, a San Francisco, Calif. Resident, is suing the defendants, residents of Rockport, for defrauding him of $13,745 with the promise of sending him $20,000 and laptop. He is seeking recovery of the money he's paid and court costs.
Case number: 10-C-131
Franklin E. Wine Jr. vs. ParMar License Holding Company, ParMar Oil Company, ParMar Companies Inc., Chandra Taylor and Susan Bell
PA- Walt Auvil; J- Waters
* The plaintiff, a St. Albans resident, is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after he was fired from this job on Oct. 12 while taking leave under the Family Medical Leave Act for an off-the-job injury. He is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-134
Richard A. Hayhurst vs. American Senior Communities, LLC d/b/a Eagle Pointe and Scott S. Marrsion
PA- Pro se; J- Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for costs he incurred in defending them in a 2004 lawsuit. He seeks judgment in the amount of $2,235 plus interest.
Case number: 10-C-135
Reynolds and Reynolds Company vs. Mullen Motors
PA- Ryan S. Marsteller; J- Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for failing to pay for goods sold and delivered from Oct. 2008 through Sept. 2009. They seek judgment in the value of the goods, $181,920.08, plus interest, court costs and fees.
Case number: 10-C-136
Robert M. Stemple vs. Charles Persinger d/b/a Little Man's Tree Service
PA- James I. Stealey and Bruce M. White
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on March 18, 2008, when he was struck by falling debris while working for the defendant in Jane Lew, and on Sept. 7 when the defendant's "bodyguard" struck him when he went to the defendant's home in Parkersburg to retrieve a personal item. He seeks $110,000 in damages, including $10,000 in medical bills, plus interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-143
This Just In