Samuel and Carrie Braniff vs. Wee Federal Credit Union
PA - Keith White; J - Beane
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for breach of contract in failing to credit payments on a Ford Explorer they bought in March 2001 with money loaned by the defendant, and later sold to Sandra Winnell in 2004. The Braniffs also make a claim against Wee FCU for releasing their financial information to Winnell. They seek judgment in the amount of $150,000 plus court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-147
Hurd Millwork Company Inc. d/b/a HWD Acquisitions vs. Aldad Distributors Inc.
PA - Ryan S. Marsteller; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for failing to pay for goods and services delivered between Oct. and Dec. 2007. They seek judgment for the amount of goods and services -- $28,465 -- plus interest, costs and fees.
Case number: 10-C-152
Betty Williamson and Ida Mae Sims, personal representatives of the estate of Georgia Cornell, vs. Amedisys WV, LLC d/b/a Amedisys Home Health of WV and Renee Dilly
PA - Andrew L. Paternostro; J - Waters
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for Cornell's for neglecting Cornell during her stay at the defendant's facility from Feb. 7 until June 12, 2008, that resulted in her subsequent death on July 21, 2008.
Case number: 10-C-171
Christopher Cullum vs. Grand Central LP d/b/a Grand Central Mall, Lemon and Barrett's Inc., Donald Paul Anderson, Mary Ann Moreland, Cody Barrett and Sara Holland
PA - Jim Leach; J - Waters
* The plaintiff, a Williamstown resident, is suing the defendants for their involvement in a fake armed robbery in May 2008 at the Grand Central Mall in Vienna for the purpose of initiating him as a security guard. The robbery involved Holland, a Belpre, Ohio resident, letting Anderson, Moreland and Barrett, all Parkersburg residents - who each wore ski masks and carried pellet guns - into a back entrance at Lemon and Barrett's location at the mall, capturing Cullum and later revealing to him the robbery was a hoax. A recording of the fake robbery taken by one of the defendants was placed on YouTube. He seeks unspecified damages, court costs and fees.
Case number: 10-C-189
Wesbanco Bank Inc. vs. Western Networks Inc.
PA- Robert W. Full; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for tendering a check for $36,000 to the plaintiff's customer, Jim Wagle, on Dec. 20, 2008 that was returned for insufficient funds on Nov. 24, 2008, after Wesbanco realized a coding error it made on Dec. 22, 2008, for $3,600. They seek judgment in the amount of $32,400 plus interest, costs and fees.
Case number: 10-C-190
Jan Dils and Heather Vanhoose vs. John Doak
PA - George Y. Chandler; J - Beane
* The plaintiffs, Parkersburg attorneys, are suing the defendant for breach of contract in failing honor the contingency fee agreement they reached in Aug. 22, 2008, that Doak agree to pay them 20 percent, plus costs and expenses, of any disability benefits they help him get through the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs. They seek judgment in the amount of $27,078.65 plus interest.
Case number: 10-C-191
Jan Dils and Heather Vanhoose vs. Gregory Scott Lang II
PA - George Y. Chandler; J - Reed
* The plaintiffs, Parkersburg attorneys, are suing the defendant for breach of contract in failing honor the contingency fee agreement they reached in July 25, 2008, that Doak agree to pay them 20 percent, plus costs and expenses, of any disability benefits they help him get through the U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs. They seek judgment in the amount of $20,450 plus interest.
Case number: 10-C-192
Marcilla C. Dickerson vs. Centro Properties Group
PA - Jay W. Gerber Jr.; J - Reed
* The plaintiff, a resident of Washington County, Ohio is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained on Dec. 3, 2008, after she fell on an uneven pavement in the parking lot of property owned by the defendant at 4000 Murdoch Ave. in Parkersburg. She seeks unspecified damages, interest, costs and fees.
Case number: 10-C-199
American Senior Communities d/b/a Eagle Pointe vs. Darin Shaw, individually, and Jill Metz, as conservator of Geraldine Shaw
PA- Steven R. Bratke; J - Reed
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg nursing home, is suing the defendants for failing to pay for services provided during Shaw's stay between Jan. 15, 2009 and May 3, 2010. They seek judgment in the amount of $70,425.66 plus attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 10-C-202
Austin J. Brown vs. Jarrell Insurance and Financial, LLC
PA- C. Blaine Myers; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for tortious interference after he left his employment with the defendant on March 26 to begin work for Barengo Insurance in Marietta, Ohio only to be terminated on May 3 when Jarrell provided Barengo a purported non-competition agreement. He seeks unspecified damages along with a declaratory judgment finding the non-competition agreement null and void and an injunction prohibiting its enforcement.
Case number: 10-C-207