Peoples Bank vs. Elizabeth Peters
PA - Khadine L. Ritter; J - Reed
* The plaintiff, a Marietta, Ohio resident, is suing the defendant, a Vienna resident for defaulting on a $28,759.77 loan given to her on Nov. 2, 2007, to purchase a 2004 Buick Rendezvous through McClinton Chevrolet in Parkersburg. They are seeking judgment in the amount of the unpaid portion of the loan - $22,904.49 - plus interest of 8.74 percent since May 7 and possession of the vehicle.
Case number: 10-C-205
Barbara Jones vs. Wetzel County Homecare, LLC, LHC Group, Inc., Rebecca McCoy and Connie Fluharty
PA - Walt Auvil; J - Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for failing to pay her for unspecified "off the clock" work she performed from April 22, 2002 until March 25. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-210
Edna Clegg, administratrix of the estate of Iva Mae Williams, vs. West Virginia Rehabilitation, Inc. d/b/a Healthsouth Western Hills Regional Rehabilitation Hospital
PA - William O. Merriman; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for negligent treatment rendered to Williams during her stay at the defendant's facility from Dec. 17-29, 2007, which contributed to her wrongful death. She is seeking unspecified damages, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 10-C-211
William H. Helmick vs. Super China Buffet
PA - Bruce White; J - Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on Oct. 5 after falling on a cracked tile floor at defendant's location in Parkersburg. He seeks unspecified damages, interest, attorney fees and court costs.
Case number: 10-C-213
Lance and Briget Williamson vs. Lowe's Home Centers, Inc
PA - M. Paul Marteney; J - Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on June 6, 2008, after falling on some unstable lumber stacked in an isle at the defendant's location in Vienna. Briget makes a claim for loss of consortium. They seek unspecified damages, court costs and interest.
Case number: 10-C-214