John Crump & Sheri Crump, individually and as parents, guardians and next friends of XC and YC, minor children under the age of 18 years vs. Daniel Lee Henry
PA- Jennifer Narog Taylor; J- David M. Pancake
* Henry lived near the Crumps and while watching XC and YC on June 16, 2008, he took them for rides on his 4-wheeler, according to the suit. The Crumps claim Henry negligently made inappropriate sexual advances upon XC and "improperly touched the child and required XC to engage in lewd and immoral behavior." The acts continued through June 18, 2008, and on at least one occasion, YC was present and witnessed the behavior, according to the suit. The Crumps are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-441
Desiree Lynnette Garnes vs. Brian P. Conaty
PA- pro se; J- David M. Pancake
* Garnes was employed by Conaty from June 20, 2008, until Dec. 3, 2008. She claims Conaty agreed to pay her $30 an hour for every hour she billed against his clients' accounts and that upon leaving her employment she was owed approximately $26,801. Conaty has failed and refused to pay these wages, according to the suit. Garnes is seeking judgment in the amount of $80,403.
Case number: 10-C-443
Tina M. Falcone, mother and natural guardian of Leslie Sue Burd, a minor, and Tina M. Falcone, individually vs. Seth Stinehour, DPM, individually; Great Teays Podiatry, PLLC; Huntington Foot & Ankle Clinic, Inc.; unknown Doe individuals; unknown Doe partnerships; unknown Doe corporations; unknown Doe professional limited liability companies; and unknown Doe limited liability companies
PA- T.C. McCarthy; J- David M. Pancake
* On Dec. 20, 2007, Stinehour "negligently, carelessly, hastily, prematurely and without the proper informed consent..." cared for Burd and caused her permanent injures, according to the suit. Falcone claims he negligently performed a base wedge osteotomy on Burd's right foot and failed to offer or provide conservative measures or treatment for her bunion prior to the surgery. Falcone is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-446
Vivian Combs, Administratrix of the Estate of Eddie Lee Bud Lambert, deceased vs. Board of Governors of Marshall University
PA- Larry O. Ford; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Sept. 21, 2007, Lambert was admitted to Cabell Huntington Hospital for a right nephrectomy surgery. On Oct. 3, 2008, Lambert was admitted to St. Mary's Medical Center because of abnormal laboratory results and a CT scan revealed an extensive retroperitoneal tumor, according to the suit. Lambert died on Nov. 3, 2008. Combs is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-447
Steven M. Lego vs. West Virginia Division of Veteran's Affairs; the West Virginia Veterans' Home; and Does 1 through 10
PA- J. Patrick L. Stephens, Mark F. Underwood; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Lego was a resident at the West Virginia Veterans' Home in Barboursville. On Dec. 26, 2008, Lego fell down the stairs and sustained multiple injuries, including a fracture of the radial head of his left elbow that required surgery, according to the suit. Lego is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-449