Randall Todd Chapman vs. Verizon Communications Inc.; Verizon West Virginia Inc.; Larry Menninger; and Todd Howard
PA- Abraham J. Saad, J. Patrick L. Stephens; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Chapman began working for Verizon's predecessor, Bell Atlantic, on June 11, 1990. On June 12, 2009, Chapman was injured in an automobile accident and returned to work on light duty three days later. He claims he was wrongfully terminated from his employment on Nov. 20, 2009. He is seeking general, special and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-526
Sally Henderson and Don Henderson vs. St. Mary's Medical Center
PA- Larry O. Ford; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Sally Henderson was a patient at St. Mary's from Aug. 22 until Aug. 23, 2008, and again from Aug. 26 until Sept. 7, 2008. On Sept. 3, 2008, Sally Henderson attempted to use the call button for assistance, but the button was "inoperative and unavailable," according to the suit. Sally Henderson claims after many unsuccessful attempts to obtain assistance, she got out of bed by herself and walked to the bathroom. She claims while walking to the bathroom, she fell and was injured. She and her husband are seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-530
Yvonne B. Hayes vs. Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. f/d/b/a Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Inc.; and John Doe Trust
PA- Daniel F. Hedges; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Hayes purchased her home in 2002 for $73,154 and had it financed by the defendants. In June 2009, she suffered a major reduction in income as a result of a stroke and made several requests for modification and a new payment schedule to no avail, according to the suit. She is seeking for the court to declare the defendant breached its duty of good faith and appropriate damages.
Case number: 10-C-538
Syam Stoll vs. American Water Works Service Company, Inc.
PA- Kenneth P. Hicks, Roger L. Lambert; J- David M. Pancake
* On Aug. 19, 2009, sizeable cracks, slips and separations began to appear in the road in front of Stoll's residence in Huntington. He claims the cracks resulted from a broken and leaking water line owned by the defendant, which caused the soil underneath the road to sink, shift and slide over the hill. Stoll is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-539
Rayetta Baumgardner, Latha Bolen, Daniel Bolen, Bonita Campbell, James Campbell, Charlotte Deal, Marshall Deal, Connie Devore, Carroll Devore, Teressa Hager, David Hager, Lorenna Hankins, Pamela Hatfield, Linda Jones, Patty Lewis, Rodney Lewis, Theresa Lovins, Martha Martin, Tammy Martin, Derek Martin, Louella Perry, Sam Perry, Sherry Perry, Jerry Perry, Kim Roe, Bert Roe, Janice Roush, Rebecca Smith, Angela Stroud, Eric Stroud, Debra Wise, Ronald Wise, Diana Boerke and John Boerke vs. St. Mary's Medical Center, Inc.
PA- Paul T. Farrell Jr., Lawrence J. Tweel, J. Robert Rogers, Derek W. Marsteller, Brett J. Preston, C. Benjamin Salango; J- F. Jane Hustead
* The female plaintiffs claim Dr. Mitchell Nutt performed surgery on them at St. Mary's Medical Center and implanted Avaulta Support Systems into their bodies. They claim Nutt was incompetent to perform the procedures and that St. Mary's Medical Center was negligent in letting him perform the procedures. They are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-541 through 10-C-561
Terri Fullerton Clark and Pamela L. Adams, administratrixs of the Estate of the deceased, Patricia Norris Ferrell vs. Wal-mart Stores, Inc.
PA- Michael O. Callaghan, D. Adrian Hoosier; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Jan. 19, 2009, Ferrell was at Wal-mart when she tripped on a piece of plastic out from a refrigerator unit, "which ultimately led to her death," according to the suit. The plaintiffs claim Wal-mart negligently placed the faulty refrigerator and was aware that it was faulty, but permitted it to stay in place. Adams and Clark are seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-568