CHARLESTON - Kay Casto & Chaney PLLC is proud to announce that 14 of its attorneys have been named to the 2011 edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession.
Steven Naifeh, President of Best Lawyers, says, "We continue to believe – as we have believed for 28 years – that recognition by one's peers is the most meaningful form of recognition in the legal profession."
In Charleston, the attorneys are:
- William W. Booker, banking law, bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights law
- Richard E. Boyle, Jr., gaming law, tax law
- Michael T. Chaney, corporate law
- Barney W. Frazier, Jr., workers' compensation law
- John R. Hoblitzell, alternative dispute resolution, insurance law, personal injury litigation
- Craig M. Kay, tax law, trusts and estates
- John R. McGhee, Jr., insurance law
- Jonathan Nicol, real estate law
- James M. Sturgeon*, corporate law
- Steven L. Thomas*, bankruptcy and creditor-debtor rights law
- Stephen A. Weber, labor and employment law
In Morgantown, the attorneys are:
- Debra A. Bowers,, family law
- Teresa J. Dumire*, personal injury litigation
- Debra H. Scudiere, alternative dispute resolution
* Indicates first year on the Best Lawyers List
"We are extremely proud of that three of our attorneys have been added to the Best Lawyers list this year. It is always our goal to provide the highest quality services to our clients, and this is additional confirmation that we continue to achieve that goal," said Michael T. Chaney, a member of the firm's management committee.
First published in 1983, Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive annual peer-review survey. For the new U.S. edition, more than 50% of the lawyers listed in Best Lawyers cast more than 3.1 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in the same and related specialties.
Because of the rigorous and transparent methodology used by Best Lawyers, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers "the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice."