Ground Breakers Inc. vs. Berkeley County Public Service Sewer District and Woolpert Inc.
PA - Kathryn Allen; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendants have breached two contracts from March 2007 after failing to make payments for a sewer line construction project, and they now owe at least $372,149.49 for the first contract and $404,170.32 on the second.
Case number: 10-C-562
Citibank South Dakota N.A. vs. Ien S. Srun
PA - Steven Mulrooney; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims Srun owes at least $25,479.72 plus interest for a past-due account.
Case number: 10-C-563
Sherry Luttrell, as personal representative of the estate of Kenneth Waybright, vs. JHV Inc.; Martinsburg Nest 313, Fraternal Order Orioles Inc.; and Elan Bell-Veney
PA - Stephen Skinner; J - Groh
* Waybright, Luttrell's son, was a patron at the defendants' Orioles Club in Martinsburg when he was shot and killed July 20, 2008, after he was an innocent bystander who was in the parking lot when Bell-Veney allegedly fired several shots at other club patrons. The plaintiff claims the club owners were negligent and failed to maintain the premises in a reasonably safe condition and failed to provide adequate security. The plaintiff is seeking an undetermined amount of relief for medical bills, funeral expenses and other damages.
Case number: 10-C-566
Tom Armentrout, personal representative of the estate of Hazel Armentrout, vs. City Hospital Inc.
PA - Andrew Paternostro; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant was negligent and failed to provide Hazel Armentrout with proper care or treatment in July 2008, leading to significant injuries that ultimately led to or contributed to her death on Aug. 31, 2008. The plaintiff is seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 10-C-572
Bank of Charles Town vs. Terry M. Danner
PA - Stephen Skinner; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims Danner owes at least $56,190.89 plus interest and fees for a past-due loan agreement from Jan. 31, 2008.
Case number: 10-C-574