Reshamjit S. Chhina and Gurmeet Chhina, husband and wife, vs. Dan Ryan Builders Inc., Dan Ryan Builders Realty Inc., Daniel M. Ryan and David J. Doseff
PA - Michael Scales; J - Wilkes
* The Chhinas claim the defendants knew that the home they sold to the plaintiffs on June 28, 2004, regularly flooded and its septic system often failed due to excessive water, because the defendants already had been involved in litigation based on the problems at that home with a previous homeowner. Despite that, the plaintiffs claim the defendants were fraudulent and failed to disclose basement flooding problems that led to mold, mildew, unhealthy conditions and an uninhabitable environment. The plaintiffs are seeking more than $4.4 million in damages.
Case number: 10-C-583
Bank of Charles Town vs. BSPM Hospitality of Virginia LLC, Dhumesh Patel, Madhuben Patel, Sanjay K. Patel and Sandip Patel
PA - Stephen Skinner; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendants owe at least $299,902.67 plus interest after failing to meet the terms of a loan agreement from Sept. 7, 2005.
Case number: 10-C-601
Mark A. Andrews vs. Joshua K. McFadden and Monte J. McFadden
PA - J. Michael Cassell; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims Joshua McFadden was negligent and reckless while operating his father Monte's vehicle, causing a vehicle accident on Aug. 16, 2008. He lost control and collided with two utility polls, causing severe and permanent injuries to his passenger, the plaintiff, who is now seeking at least $500,000 in compensatory damages and $300,000 in punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-620
William B. Pierce Jr. and Desarae M. Pierce vs. Henry E. Hartley
PA - Pro se; J - Silver
* The plaintiffs claim the defendant has repeatedly refused to fix the front door of their rented mobile home, resulting in a theft, and he also regularly threatens to evict them even though they pay their rent each month. The plaintiffs are seeking $50,000 plus rental payments and other damages.
Case number: 10-C-621
Christopher G. McGee vs. Jo Ellen Stephens
PA - Bradley Reed; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims an accident on Jan. 21, 2008, was caused by the defendant's negligence when she drove through a red light and struck McGee's vehicle, causing him severe and permanent injuries. The plaintiff is seeking at least $200,000 in damages.
Case number: 10-C-622
Winchester Medical Center Inc. vs. Wayne Snyder
PA - Richard McGervey; J - Silver
* The hospital claims Snyder owes at least $52,617.27 plus $7,670.92 in interest for services and supplies provided to him in 2008.
Case number: 10-C-648
ESSROC Cement Corp. vs. Potomac Construction Industries Inc., and John F. Abbruzzese
PA - Christopher Luttrell; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendants have failed to pay $460,027.00 plus additional service charges for cement, in violation of a contract from Oct. 28, 2009.
Case number: 10-C-652