Marcie D. Weyer and Tomar Rentals, LLC vs. the Wood County Commission
PA – Timothy J. LaFon; J – Beane
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for unjustly taking their property in Lubeck following notification of the county's flood plain manager on July 14 that new trailers on the property could not be installed until they met county standards and were inspected. They seek declaratory judgment interpreting the ordinance as unconstitutional, and an injunction prohibiting its enforcement.
Case number: 10-C-345
BFS Petroleum Products Inc. vs. Timber Contractors LLC
PA – Howard A. Goodstein; J- Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for goods sold from March 2008 until the present that remain unpaid. They seek judgment in the amount of the unpaid goods, $194,614.01, plus interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-353
Arthur Winter vs. T. Dean Bobbitt, D.D.S and Drs. B. Noorbakhsh and T. Dean Bobbitt d/b/a Oral Surgery Associates
PA – Brent K. Kesner; J – Reed
* The plaintiff, a resident of Jackson County, is suing the defendants, Ohio dentists with an office in Parkersburg, for malpractice in causing him to suffer a series of strokes following extraction of his teeth on Aug. 7, 2008. He seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-357
Veronica Blackwell vs. Parkersburg Powell, LP d/b/a Rolling Hills Townhomes and Cottages and Millennia Management, LLC and John Does 1-10.
PA- James R. Leach; J – Waters
* The plaintiff, a Parkersburg resident, is suing the defendants, property management companies based in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, for injuries she sustained at the Powell Apartments on Aug. 28, 2008, after slipping on a muddy sidewalk when attempting to visit Apt. 8. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-358
Doug Withrow vs. Cintas Corp. and Mike Mullen
PA – NA; J – Beane
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants, an Ohio business and its Wood County manager, for wrongful termination after he was fired on Sept. 18, 2009, after 20 year employment, and was replaced by a younger employee under the age of 40. He seeks unspecified damages, including back pay and reinstatement, court costs, attorney fees and a permanent injunction ordering Cintas to undergo on-going training program on age discrimination.
Case number: 10-C-359
Philip R. Bonner and Tiffany D. Bonner, individually and as parents and next friends of Allen M. Bonner, a minor vs. Minaya Berhane, M.D.
PA – George E. Lantz; J – Waters
* The plaintiffs, residents of Washington, are suing the defendant, a Parkersburg pediatrician, for malpractice in failing to properly diagnose a developmental disability in Allen's hip following his birth on May 2, 2007. They seek unspecified damages, interest and costs.
Case number: 10-C-361