Michael Hughes, Amy Hughes, Kevin Kimple and Carrie Kimple vs. Consolidation Coal Company d/b/a Shoemaker Coal Mine
PA- Eric M. Gordon; J- Hummel
* The coal within and underlying the plaintiffs property was excepted and reserved by the Moundsville Mining Company in its deed to the Kimple's predecessor in title. As a direct and proximate result of subsidence within and underlying their properties related to mining done by Valley Camp, the plaintiff's residences have suffered functional damages. An order compensating these damages is requested.
Case number: 10-C-169
Drema Hennen Hupp vs. Hartford Insurance Company of the Midwest
PA- Jacob M. Robinson; J- Karl
*Aimee Menendez collided with plaintiff on Jul. 1, 2005 on Route 2. Following this collision, plaintiff was denied benefits by Hartford who failed to make any settlement offer until Aug. 19, 2009. Hennen was forced to hire counsel to reach the eventual settlement of $40,000. Judgment is demanded for compensatory damages which she is entitled for the wrongs alleged by Hartford and serve as an attempt to deter this type of conduct in the future.
Case number: 10-C-170
Marilyn M. Robinson vs. Busy Beavers Building Centers, Inc. d/b/a Busy Beavers
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Hummel
* Busy Beavers owed a duty to its customers to maintain a safe retail browsing area. On Aug. 20, 2008, Busy Beavers carelessly stocked and positioned the railroad ties in an area in such a manner as to cause plaintiff to trip over them as she was directed towards the rear of the store to pick up her mulch purchase. Her medical care expenses to date are yet undetermined and likely permanent. Judgment is demanded along with costs to prosecute this action.
Case number: 10-C-171
James Tekely and Vickie Tekely vs. Busy Beavers Building Centers, Inc. d/b/a Busy Beavers
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Karl
* On Aug. 20, 2008, James Tekely sustained injures when he removed a boxed ceiling fan above his head causing permanent injuries and damages to the plaintiff. His injuries may be lasting for which judgment is demanded.
Case number: 10-C-172
Adam Dobbs vs. Justin Kotson
PA-Jamison H. Cooper; J- Hummel
* Plaintiff responsibly maneuvered his skateboard across the westbound lane of Route 17 and was struck from behind by defendant who had crossed the centerline and entered the improper lane of travel. Dobbs was thrown from his skateboard, onto the windshield of defendant's vehicle and, from there, to the roadway. A compensatory judgment is sought for both temporary and permanent injuries.
Case number: 10-C-175
CACH, LLC vs. Walter Charles Breese IV
PA-Christopher R. Moore; J- Hummel
* The defendant is indebted to the plaintiff in the amount of $17,001.70 plus contractual interest from the date of May 5, 2010.
Case number: 10-C-177