Richard Estes vs. McDonald's Restaurants of West Virginia, Inc.
PA- J. Michael Ranson, Cynthia M. Ranson, George B. Morrone III, G. Patrick Jacobs; J- Louis Bloom
* Estes has been employed by the defendant since Aug. 1, 2006. He claims the defendant requires him to work off the clock so as to avoid overtime payment and has deducted hours from employee time cards to avoid overtime payment. Estes is seeking judgment against the defendant for an amount equal to loss of all wages plus interest and liquidated damages.
Case number: 10-C-1682
John Doe, a minor, by his next friend, Renee Hatfield vs. Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority
PA- Thomas A. Rist; J- Charles King
* Doe is a 15-year-old who resides in Kanawha County. In April 2009, Doe visited his uncle in Washington Manor Apartments and was waiting outside for a taxi to take him home when a "criminal perpetrator came out of hiding from another area on the property and pulled a gun on John Doe," according to the suit. In an attempt to rob him, the perpetrator shot Doe in the head. He is seeking general damages, economic damages and compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-1690
Wayne Persinger vs. The Office of Miner's Health, Safety and Training and Ronald Wooten, in his capacity as the director of the Office of Miner's Health, Safety and Training
PA- James M. Cagle; J- Jennifer Bailey
* The Raleigh County man is employed by Performance Coal Company as the general manager of the Upper Big Branch facility. Persinger claims since the April 5 mine explosion, the defendants have held closed hearings under the investigation of the explosion and have declined to allow witnesses or representatives access to transcripts of testimony. He is seeking the court to enter a declaratory judgment to the effect that West Virginia Code does not permit the participation of others who are outside of the defendants to act as interrogators of witnesses and investigators of alleged crimes.
Case number: 10-C-1693
Katherine Ramsey and Grant Ramsey vs. Zimmer Holdings, Inc.; Zimmer Orthopedic Surgical Products, Inc.; and Heraeus Kulzer GmBH & CO. KG
PA- Christopher T. Pritt; J- Tod J. Kaufman
* The Fayette County couple claim that on Sept. 24, 2008, Mrs. Ramsey had a left total knee arthroplasty performed at Charleston Area Medical Center. The products used in the implant procedure were the defendants' products. Since the surgery, Mrs. Ramsey has had numerous problems with her left knee. The couple is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-1698
Anna Triplett vs. Discount Emporium, Inc.
PA- Michael T. Clifford; J- James C. Stucky
* On Oct. 3, 2008, Triplett was on the defendant's premises when she slipped on an unseen and unknown liquid and fell on the floor. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-1699
Janet Riley Green vs. OSI Limited Liability Company; Darden Properties, LLC; and Darden Properties II, LLC
PA- Paul M. Stroebel; J- Louis Bloom
* On July 5, Green was at the Exxon One Stop when she slipped on a wet floor and landed on her back, resulting in injuries to her shoulder, back and hip. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-1706
Gary Fernatt vs. Town of Pratt, a municipality of Kanawha County, W.Va.
PA- D. Adrian Hoosier; J- Carrie Webster
* Fernatt was a laborer employee with the defendant until his employment was terminated on June 9. He claims he was replaced with a substantially younger employee. He is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-1709