Amy Lou Auer vs. Nancy's Restaurant Inc. and TMS Construction Services, Inc.
PA- Shannon M. Bland, John G. Hackney Jr.; J- James C. Stucky
* On Oct. 22, 2008, Auer was at Nancy's Restaurant and was standing on the deck talking with others when a person from inside opened the door, which knocked her off of the deck and onto the ground. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 10-C-1714
Raymond Chaney and Marjory I. Chaney vs. A.V.C. Corporation; A.W. Chesterton Company; Ajax Magnethermic Corporation; et al
PA- Victoria Antion, James A. McKowen, Brownwyn I. Rhinehart; J- visiting judge
* Mr. Chaney was diagnosed with mesothelioma on July 29 and claims the 89 defendants are responsible. The Chaneys are seeking a jury trial to resolve all issues involved.
Case number: 10-C-1726
Twila Montgomery, as person representative of the Estate of James Montgomery Jr. vs. Herbert J. Thomas Memorial Hospital Association d/b/a Thomas Memorial Hospital
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Jeff D. Stewart; J- Charles King
* On Dec. 16, 2008, Mr. Montgomery was admitted to the hospital for treatment and management of dehydration and confusion, for which he remained a patient for 37 days. Mrs. Montgomery claims he developed pressure ulcers and suffered multiple falls during his stay at the hospital, which ultimately led or contributed to his death on Feb. 5, 2009. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-1731
Faye R. Hart vs. Charleston Hospital Inc. d/b/a St. Francis Hospital
PA- Brent K. Kesner, Daniel W. Greear, Kevin C. Harris, Eric J. Holmes; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* From May 23, 2009, until June 19, 2009, Hart was admitted for treatment at the hospital with a primary diagnosis of pancreatitis. On May 26, 2009, she claims a blood transfusion was incorrectly ordered for a blood type of A/B Negative when in actuality, Hart's blood type was B Positive. Hart claims the defendant was negligent. She is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-1732
Charles Legg vs. American Electric Power Co. Inc.
PA- Christopher J. Heavens; J- Paul Zakaib Jr.
* On July 15, 2009, Legg was working for SuddenLink Communications and was attempting to climb a utility pole using an extension ladder when the utility pole owned by the defendant gave way, causing him to fall approximately 12 feet to the ground and causing injuries. Legg is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-1733
Sharon Milam, executrix of the Estate of George King Sr., deceased vs. Manor Care, Inc.; Health Care and Retirement Corporation of America, LLC, operating with trade name and/or d/b/a Heartland of Charleston; Danny Davis; and John Doe Health Care Providers, as unknown health care providers responsible for plaintiff's treatment
PA- Scott S. Segal, Deborah L. McHenry, Harold S. Albertson; J- Louis Bloom
* King suffered from diabetes, arteriosclerotic heart disease, hypertension, depression, deficient ambulation, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and dementia, according to the suit. Milam claims the defendants were negligent in allowing King to wander from the nursing home and being struck and killed by a passing train less than 400 feet from the front door of the nursing home "some four plus hours after his exit." She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 10-C-1746